Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dc combo for USA port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is what it is.

This is also true. Actually 575kW DC. However, without batteries, you still cannot exceed N x 350kVA grid draw from N number of V3 cabinets. I don't know if there are any DC connected batteries at public V3 sites. I'm pretty sure Kettleman and other sites of similar age that have Powerpacks all use AC connected batteries with the large Tesla inverter box between the batteries and the Supercharger cabinets. This allows them to reduce demand charges, not increase instantaneous Supercharger output.
Doesn't the Las Vegas v3 supercharger have batteries and solar? For some reason I thought the batteries were DC connected, but I'm seeing references to PowerPack being used there, and that's an AC connected battery system...

Last edited:
Doesn't the Las Vegas v3 supercharger have batteries and solar? For some reason I thought the batteries were DC connected, but I'm seeing references to PowerPack being used there, and that's an AC connected battery system...
I looked through the LV-Linq Supercharger thread and didn't find any pictures or YT videos that were taken after the construction fence was down behind the SC V3 cabinets. In one video the guy was speculating about the row of cabinets next to the SC V3 cabinets being batteries. They're not. They're just distribution equipment that contain the huge breakers and bus bars to send the power to the cabinets. The area that was still fenced off closer to the building was supposed to have the battery system. The video was so early after opening that the PV meter had not even been installed yet.

Just as an update I found a FAQ on the Tesla CCS adapter, and it supports a max of 142kW. So that would likely be the maximum that this adapter could support, assuming it is designed for the ~390 amps that that would require.
Another reason we just want Tesla to resolve this situation. European model 3's can use CCS to charge at up to 200kW. Or so I've been led to believe!

Reactions: Fadiawesome
Another reason we just want Tesla to resolve this situation. European model 3's can use CCS to charge at up to 200kW. Or so I've been led to believe!

Yeah, but that is using a native CCS2 port on the Model 3, no adapter involved. Do you expect Tesla to switch to using a CCS1 port on all of their NA vehicles? And replace the plugs on all of the Superchargers, Destination chargers, and supply all the adapters necessary so that everyone can still charge where they could before? I guess the chance of that happening is 0%. I do think Tesla will make a CCS1 adapter, and that it will be limited to ~142kW, I just don't know when. (Hopefully soon.)

Reactions: Tectonic
How much would folks pay for a Tesla with both Tesla and CCS ports. Just add the CCS to the passenger side. I would pay maybe $750 for that option.
At some point, that should just be the standard configuration. The Tesla connector has always been on the driver side, so it should stay there. For every other EV, the J1772/CCS port is at every imaginable spot, so where the second connect goes doesn't matter. Though it'd be nicely symmetric if it was built into the passenger tail light.