Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DC Fast Charge - ChargePoint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have these DC Fast Chargers at work. All leaf owners are using them without any issues. Another fellow Tesla owner and I tried to figure out how to use them. They come with two cables, CHAdeMO and Combo. CHAdeMO is standard, I may have to buy one, but the combo socket was interesting. the top of it looks like a J1772, but when you try to put on the one I got with car, the bottom of the socket prevents the J1772 to be fitted. One can open a slot to fit that section, but I am not sure. So at the end of 10 mins of fiddling we decided to leave it alone. 50Kw is pretty attractive instead of waiting for the 6.6Kw ones. Has one any idea how to use them without a CHAdeMO?

upload_2016-9-19_19-50-41.png

upload_2016-9-19_19-51-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-19_19-50-4.png
    upload_2016-9-19_19-50-4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
you would need an adapter.. there isn't a SAE to Tesla adapter available but there is a Chademo to Tesla available. Both are competing 'standards'.. that chargepoint unit most likely can only handle one car charging at a time anyways, so get the chademo adapter, and you'll be fine.. in fact, it's very rare to find a solo SAE unit