TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

DC Fast Charge - ChargePoint

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Oceanwolf, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

We have these DC Fast Chargers at work. All leaf owners are using them without any issues. Another fellow Tesla owner and I tried to figure out how to use them. They come with two cables, CHAdeMO and Combo. CHAdeMO is standard, I may have to buy one, but the combo socket was interesting. the top of it looks like a J1772, but when you try to put on the one I got with car, the bottom of the socket prevents the J1772 to be fitted. One can open a slot to fit that section, but I am not sure. So at the end of 10 mins of fiddling we decided to leave it alone. 50Kw is pretty attractive instead of waiting for the 6.6Kw ones. Has one any idea how to use them without a CHAdeMO?

upload_2016-9-19_19-50-41.png
    upload_2016-9-19_19-51-1.png

Attached Files:

2. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

3. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

Tesla (or a 3rd party) would need to release an adapter for them. As far as I know no such adapter exists yet.
    The chademo adapter works great though, I use mine quite often.

• Helpful x 1
  4. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

you would need an adapter.. there isn't a SAE to Tesla adapter available but there is a Chademo to Tesla available. Both are competing 'standards'.. that chargepoint unit most likely can only handle one car charging at a time anyways, so get the chademo adapter, and you'll be fine.. in fact, it's very rare to find a solo SAE unit

5. Oceanwolf

Oceanwolf Oceanwolf

I went and bought a ChadeMO adaptor from Tesla Factory today. I thought I would be able to top up some while I am there. Wow, so many people who thought the same thing. With my tail between my legs, I returned to work. DC Fast chargers were available, 55 mins later I had 212 miles. :)

• Like x 2