TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

DC Fast Chargers

Discussion in 'Canada' started by NO C02, Jan 8, 2014.

1. NO C02

NO C02 Member

We finally took delivery of our Model S a few weeks ago, and now the wait for Tesla Superchargers in Canada begins. We bought a CHAdeMO adapter since there are apparently 13 of these DC charge stations in BC. 6 working now, and 7 more to come. Here are the locations;

·

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry...hit the wrong button. Here are the locations...
    · Whistler - Conference Centre (4010 Whistler Way)
    · Squamish - Stan Clarke Park (2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Ave., across from Municipal Hall)
    · Surrey - Surrey Museum (17710 - 56A Ave.)
    · Township of Langley - Langley Events Centre (7888 - 200[SUP]th[/SUP] St.)
    · Saanich - Uptown Shopping Centre
    · Merritt - Merritt Tourism/Visitor Info Booth (2202 Voght St.)
    · Hope - exact location to be determined
    · Cowichan Valley Regional District (Duncan) - Island Savings Centre (2687 James St.)
    · Nanaimo - Vancouver Island Conference Centre (101 Gordon St.)
    · City of North Vancouver - Lower Lonsdale
    · City of Vancouver - Telus World of Science (1455 Quebec St.)
    · Kamloops - Tournament Capital Centre (910 McGill Rd.)
    · District of North Vancouver - exact location to be determined

I'm just wondering if anyone has actually stopped at any of these, or used the adapter. We travel to the Okanagan a lot and would love to top up in Merritt or Kamloops. Kamloops is viewable on Plugshare, but I don't see anything for Merritt as yet, although it is apparently up and running now. Thanks for the input, and I'm looking forward to meeting you at a recharge station!

2. JST

JST Active Member

Wait--you got a CHAdeMO adapter? From Tesla? If so, that might be a first!

3. NO C02

NO C02 Member

I wish! To clarify, when I say "bought" we're in line just like everyone else. :scared: I'm hoping some owners have some knowledge of where the chargers are located, apparently Duncan, Nanaimo, Squamish, Surrey, Merritt and Kamloops are operational now, others to follow. Perhaps there a some Leaf owners who have an idea on the status of these chargers?

4. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

I'm on the wait list too -- partly because we might just use the Duncan and Nanaimo CHAdeMOs. Even though we live in AZ, we'll be doing a big road trip up to BC next summer -- my wife's family is on Saltspring...