Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCU Auto Loan??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I see a lot of people applying for this loan. So in order to get a loan through them, I would need to be a member.

Can I just join and organization listed on their website and pay like a one time fee to be a part of and just get my loan through them?

This is my first time getting a personal loan.

Thanks,
Mike

I am not talking about the auto rate, but rather, opening checking and saving with them. Do you not need to have these checking and saving with them in order to get a better rate (under plus)?
Yes you are required to open both checking and savings to qualify for plus. The issue is their website is horrible. I tried opening a checking account after I was approved for an auto loan but they don’t have any other ways of transferring fund other than electronic even though they said you can use an existing debit card. Then the electronic fund won’t accept any of my bank’s routing number; I tired 2 different bank accounts. So far it is giving me pause to go with DCU. their rates are great, but at what cost?

You’ll get $20 and I’ll get $10 for joining using a referral. Win-win 🙌

Yes you are required to open both checking and savings to qualify for plus. The issue is their website is horrible. I tried opening a checking account after I was approved for an auto loan but they don’t have any other ways of transferring fund other than electronic even though they said you can use an existing debit card. Then the electronic fund won’t accept any of my bank’s routing number; I tired 2 different bank accounts. So far it is giving me pause to go with DCU. their rates are great, but at what cost?
I agree, a little kludgey but it works.... I just had to add my bank account (Yellow) and then Make a payment (Orange). That will transfer from my bank to DCU. I have DD set up, but I'm only moving about 1/2 of my payment each paycheck and it's not yet registered me with "Plus" status for the extra .50% discount. If needed I'll increase and then set auto transfers to come back after each pay period. Not ideal but it would save me about $1500 in finance charges.

1630450653910.png

I agree, a little kludgey but it works.... I just had to add my bank account (Yellow) and then Make a payment (Orange). That will transfer from my bank to DCU. I have DD set up, but I'm only moving about 1/2 of my payment each paycheck and it's not yet registered me with "Plus" status for the extra .50% discount. If needed I'll increase and then set auto transfers to come back after each pay period. Not ideal but it would save me about $1500 in finance charges.

View attachment 703791

with the .5%, what would the new rate to be? I thought the ~1.2% was the lowest.

Status
Not open for further replies.