Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCU Cashier's Check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if DCU sends cashier's checks addressed to Tesla, or addressed to you personally? I don't think you can endorse over a cashier's check if it's written to you personally...

I think we're crashing DCU's support team - wait times are in excess of 2 hours!

I just checked with my Tesla SC. If you mail the check to Tesla, obtain a copy of the front and back of the cashier's check from your credit union, along with the FedEx tracking number, you can take delivery. I am calling now and hoping to get ahold of them before they mail it. I'm now really worried that FedEx will not delivery Saturday (because it's not a business day and the pandemic), and then not deliver Sunday or Monday because Sunday is a weekend and Monday is a holiday, then I miss my window. I'll update this thread.

At no point has Tesla made this process easy for me. What a pain.

Does anyone know if DCU sends cashier's checks addressed to Tesla, or addressed to you personally? I don't think you can endorse over a cashier's check if it's written to you personally...

I think we're crashing DCU's support team - wait times are in excess of 2 hours!
I know this doesn't answer you question, so firstly I apologize, but I have been trying to figure out how to send you a PM to ask for a DCU referral. I've seen in your signature you'd be willing to share and I'd like to help get you a referral bonus as well. I am a new TMC member so maybe I haven't unlocked the ability to send a PM? If you're able to help me out with the referral, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I know this doesn't answer you question, so firstly I apologize, but I have been trying to figure out how to send you a PM to ask for a DCU referral. I've seen in your signature you'd be willing to share and I'd like to help get you a referral bonus as well. I am a new TMC member so maybe I haven't unlocked the ability to send a PM? If you're able to help me out with the referral, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

It's probably that. Unfortunately no way to do it until you have 10 posts. Hit me up then. It is not a link to refer, I have to enter your name and email and stuff. So not a good idea to share publicly.

BTW, it all came together. I have images of my cashier's check front/back, and I have the tracking number. All sent to the Tesla SC who is now being helpful. Picking up tomorrow at 4PM.
how did you receive images of the check and get the tracking? Did they just email you that after you talked to them on the phone? I am going to ask but not sure if its something I specially have to request, then follow up later after the check is drafted to get a copy.

I just checked with my Tesla SC. If you mail the check to Tesla, obtain a copy of the front and back of the cashier's check from your credit union, along with the FedEx tracking number, you can take delivery. I am calling now and hoping to get ahold of them before they mail it. I'm now really worried that FedEx will not delivery Saturday (because it's not a business day and the pandemic), and then not deliver Sunday or Monday because Sunday is a weekend and Monday is a holiday, then I miss my window. I'll update this thread.

At no point has Tesla made this process easy for me. What a pain.
The check was sent to me and was made out to Tesla from DCU. At delivery I inspected the car outside/inside quick pass over and then endorsed the check and handed it to the Tesla rep. My car was home delivery with a Rep. I then took a closer look at the car and scheduled a service with the Service Center to address anything I thought they should. It was pretty easy and they have been great at addressing my concerns or answering my questions.

I had a few gap/alignment questions and that was about it. I found recently the passenger door glass needs adjusting due to slightly hitting the B Pilar but they are addressing that next Tuesday. Service Center folks and techs have been great.

Reactions: avenger4ever
So to follow up with my original post, here is what my SA is saying:
Once your order has been paired to a VIN a document will generate on your account called the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement.
You will need to send this document to DCU to finalize the loan.
After this has been done they will let you know how the loan will be funded.
Typically, it gets sent directly to our headquarters.
So at least what I'm hearing between DCU and Tesla is consistent in my case.
But I'm picking up my car, I don't know if home delivery is different...

Reactions: BLKTLA
BTW, it all came together. I have images of my cashier's check front/back, and I have the tracking number. All sent to the Tesla SC who is now being helpful. Picking up tomorrow at 4PM.
Was it hard to get the images? I have to do the same.
So Tuesday when the bank reopens, I think I will getting a document to sign before they send out the check. Should I call them before or after signing?

I feel like I might get effed here. DCU overnighted the check on Friday but didn’t select weekend delivery… so the check won’t arrive until tomorrow (Tuesday, 6/1). I’m scheduled to take delivery today, Monday 5/31.
My loan officer emailed me a pic of the FedEx label and I have the tracking number but it is being mailed to my address, not the local Tesla location nor headquarters, and not a pic of the actual check. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to take delivery without it, but will email my SA now… wish me luck.

Last edited:
I feel like I might get effed here. DCU overnighted the check on Friday but didn’t select weekend delivery… so the check won’t arrive until tomorrow (Tuesday, 6/1). I’m scheduled to take delivery today, Monday 5/31.
My loan officer emailed me a pic of the FedEx label and I have the tracking number but it is being mailed to my address, not the local Tesla location nor headquarters, and not a pic of the actual check. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to take delivery without it, but will email my SA now… wish me luck.
Yikes, let us know how it went.. Did you have to call to get a picture?

For folks who requested for an image of the check, do you all call in before signing the final loan documents? Cause I have the documents for me to sign now but am concern after I sign, I might not have a chance to request for the image as its already shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.