Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCU Loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long the DCU loan approval is for? I was planning on applying for loans a few weeks before EDD but my EDD dates have fluctuated 1-2 2 months either way so it could be any time between now until the end of September. I don't want to apply too early and have to re-apply again if the EDD gets pushed out again. I think Tesla's is good for only 30 days?

Does anyone know how long the DCU loan approval is for? I was planning on applying for loans a few weeks before EDD but my EDD dates have fluctuated 1-2 2 months either way so it could be any time between now until the end of September. I don't want to apply too early and have to re-apply again if the EDD gets pushed out again. I think Tesla's is good for only 30 days?
45 days

Reactions: Noflash
They matched mine Wells Fargo 1.24 for 72mo. I financed about 91% of the car.
What’s the order of operations to get them to match? I’m already approved through the tesla financing for a 2.49% rate with Wells Fargo so I guess I need to wait for a VIN before applying through DCU.

Was there a way I could’ve avoided doing the financing until closer to delivery when ordering?

What’s the order of operations to get them to match? I’m already approved through the tesla financing for a 2.49% rate with Wells Fargo so I guess I need to wait for a VIN before applying through DCU.

Was there a way I could’ve avoided doing the financing until closer to delivery when ordering?
Yeah, you don't want to do any financing until you are within I'd say 2 weeks of expected delivery (that gives you a few week buffer if things are delayed). It took me 2 weeks to even get an account set up with them.

You can't get the loan docs until you have a Vin, but you can start the process ahead of time. However, I've heard that you might not get the MVPA doc needed to get a loan unless you change to either cash, or 3rd party financing.

Tldr order doesn't matter. If I did it again I would have said cash offer, signed up for DCU membership, get Vin, apply for DCU loan, email [email protected].

Tldr order doesn't matter. If I did it again I would have said cash offer, signed up for DCU membership, get Vin, apply for DCU loan, email [email protected].

I keep seeing a lot of people here on the board do that rate match process after securing a DCU membership... why? I'm confused by that. Is there anything wrong with keeping DCU as the financier instead of going over to Tesla Finance or any other bank that would rate match?

I keep seeing a lot of people here on the board do that rate match process after securing a DCU membership... why? I'm confused by that. Is there anything wrong with keeping DCU as the financier instead of going over to Tesla Finance or any other bank that would rate match?
I wanted lower monthly payment. 72mo gives me that. And it only costs like an extra $300 in interest over the 65mo DCU was offering.
That $300 should be covered by the fact I'm earning 6% on 1000 that I have in DCU savings, ie 60/yr for 6 years.

It's more that I'm hacking things to get the longest term at the lowest rate.

Reactions: Trip McNealy
I wanted lower monthly payment. 72mo gives me that. And it only costs like an extra $300 in interest over the 65mo DCU was offering.
That $300 should be covered by the fact I'm earning 6% on 1000 that I have in DCU savings, ie 60/yr for 6 years.

It's more that I'm hacking things to get the longest term at the lowest rate.
Holy crap - how can they offer 6%? What's the catch?

EDIT: Catch found - it's only on the first $1000, the 0.25%.

Status
Not open for further replies.