Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCU Loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I’m new here. Just ordered my model Y a week ago. I just check DCU website and 72 months rate is 2.49%, that includes .5% discount already. So for 72 months you will get a rate of 2.24% with EV discount of .25%. Am I right or am I missing something here?
On the other hand 65 months loan is 1.49%.
So the second question would be does Tesla has 65 months loans that they can match?
Probably would make sense to get 65 months Loan if they can match it.
Thanks
My plan of action is the following: I've already opened a DCU checking & savings account. Applied and approved for a 65-month 1.24% auto loan (told them I'd do FULL paycheck direct deposit on the phone for the extra .50% discount). Waiting on final approval from Underwriter (next week) and waiting for Docusign paperwork to download and sign. But once I get the Docusign paperwork, I'm going to send it to Tesla rate match ([email protected]) to get them to match the DCU rate for 72-months instead of 65-months. Then decline the DCU auto loan and enjoy my Model 3 when it arrives in a couple of weeks.

Good luck!

Just walked through the process over the last 3-4 days. Was originally approved for 2.49% through Wells Fargo. Didn't know who my SA was so just emailed [email protected] asking for a MVPA to shop around and someone was able to connect me to my SA. Had a quick call with him to change to third party to get the MVPA. Opened checking/savings with DCU by donating $10 to one of their orgs and called in twice to the loan line (opting for call back each time) and got docusign docs for the 1.24%. Emailed them over to [email protected] requesting a change back to Tesla financing and rate matching for 1.24% for 72 months. Just got confirmation today and my account is all good to go. Taking delivery on 9/18.

My delivery appointment is in two weeks. Do I need an actual track record of direct deposits to make this happen or can I start the process now for opening a checking, getting ev discount, and then just calling and telling them I’ll do direct deposit when asking for an auto loan? Am I missing anything?

I’m obviously close and feel late to the party with this, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
My plan of action is the following: I've already opened a DCU checking & savings account. Applied and approved for a 65-month 1.24% auto loan (told them I'd do FULL paycheck direct deposit on the phone for the extra .50% discount). Waiting on final approval from Underwriter (next week) and waiting for Docusign paperwork to download and sign. But once I get the Docusign paperwork, I'm going to send it to Tesla rate match ([email protected]) to get them to match the DCU rate for 72-months instead of 65-months. Then decline the DCU auto loan and enjoy my Model 3 when it arrives in a couple of weeks.

Good luck!
This is what I'm doing too!!

Just gotta wait for that vin

After applying on Friday (Thanks for the referral @el-guapin), I called today to see why my application was still under review. A 3-hour customer service call hold time (naaahhh, you call ME back), and a nice gentleman told me that you should expect 48-business hours turnaround time on the decision on your application.

I'm in no hurry to get it set up because my Model Y EDD is in December but figured it's worth it for people here to know. It'll take 2 business days for them to assess your application before you go and try and call them.

After applying on Friday (Thanks for the referral @el-guapin), I called today to see why my application was still under review. A 3-hour customer service call hold time (naaahhh, you call ME back), and a nice gentleman told me that you should expect 48-business hours turnaround time on the decision on your application.

I'm in no hurry to get it set up because my Model Y EDD is in December but figured it's worth it for people here to know. It'll take 2 business days for them to assess your application before you go and try and call them.
It's weird that it takes some a while. Mine was instant for the membership and the loan. Just had to use last 4 of Ssn as my pin to login to the site too

Just walked through the process over the last 3-4 days. Was originally approved for 2.49% through Wells Fargo. Didn't know who my SA was so just emailed [email protected] asking for a MVPA to shop around and someone was able to connect me to my SA. Had a quick call with him to change to third party to get the MVPA. Opened checking/savings with DCU by donating $10 to one of their orgs and called in twice to the loan line (opting for call back each time) and got docusign docs for the 1.24%. Emailed them over to [email protected] requesting a change back to Tesla financing and rate matching for 1.24% for 72 months. Just got confirmation today and my account is all good to go. Taking delivery on 9/18.

so to confirm, do we need to accept the Tesla financing to move forward with vin if applied before receiving vin? I’m approved with chase through Tesla for 2.49 full amount minus taxes and fees but haven’t hit accept. No VIN yet. I’ve also been pre approved for full amount of vehicle through DCU but no VIN yet to get documents. My plan is to rate match DCU 1.24 with Tesla once vin and mvpa provided. Do i need to accept Tesla financing offer first? I applied for financing early as in California and last year i received my VIN & took delivery within 24 hours of each other.

so to confirm, do we need to accept the Tesla financing to move forward with vin if applied before receiving vin? I’m approved with chase through Tesla for 2.49 full amount minus taxes and fees but haven’t hit accept. No VIN yet. I’ve also been pre approved for full amount of vehicle through DCU but no VIN yet to get documents. My plan is to rate match DCU 1.24 with Tesla once vin and mvpa provided. Do i need to accept Tesla financing offer first? I applied for financing early as in California and last year i received my VIN & took delivery within 24 hours of each other.
I have my tesla account set as third party financing with DCU. DCU cant give you a real approval unless you have them on the MVPA

I think more in plain terms, can i accept/confirm Tesla financing and then rate match with DCU once I receive VIN still?
Below confirm it states “By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method”

I think more in plain terms, can i accept/confirm Tesla financing and then rate match with DCU once I receive VIN still?
Below confirm it states “By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method”
The answer is most likely no.

If you dont have DCU on your MVPA they wont give you the approval.

If you dont have the approval tesla wont rate match

This exactly is where I am at. Delivery scheduled for 9/17 (just got MVPA for DCU yesterday), so I really don't have a lot of time to sit on this. I have not "Confirmed" the 2.49% rate (but I am approved). Just haven't clicked "Accept Terms" and don't know if that is holding up the ratematch. Some folks get a reply in 30 mintues some two days. I don't have two days. 😪

Worst case for me right now is I just finance through Tesla and then re-fi into DCU if they end up not being able to match it.

1631717620655.png

Status
Not open for further replies.