Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

De-badging Rear Emblem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who de-badged their rear TESLA emblem had any issue after it was removed? Thinking of doing it but when I did it on my previous car the color of the paint faded around where the emblem was and it was noticeable. I’ve had my model 3 since last early November 2018. It’s been garaged at home but of course it’s out in the sun all day when I’m at work. Does anyone think it will be faded?

Cool. I’ll probably do it soon. Looking to order a carbon fiber spoiler to give it a nice look on the back as well. I have mine currently wrapped with vinyl carbon fiber around the trunk but want a genuine look. RPM TESLA sells pretty much everything in real carbon fiber now. Gonna set me back a bit as I’ll end up doing the door handles and side markers as well.

Anyone took the front badge of?
Love to see the look without it.

I decided to leave the "T" badges off after the PPF install...

Attachments

• IMG_2832.jpg
    IMG_2832.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2845.jpg
    IMG_2845.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: Hayden
I have an MSM and someone took the T badge off the rear and damaged the paint. The part underneath the T that I cleaned that wasn't damaged is fine.
I took off my T badge and the edges of it kinda left some marks on the paint, it sucks, it was a pain to get it off.

I do love the Abstract Ocean badging though. I might try the Dr. Colorchip or whatever it's called to try and fix it.

No fading though, but my car is only about 3 months old.