TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

De chrome opinion please

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by FlyYellow, Mar 21, 2014.

1. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

#1 FlyYellow, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    So this now day 4 of the project and the car is coming together nicely. The question is do I also cover the b pillar or leave it shiny glass black? Opinions please...

photo.JPG

Meanwhile XPEL ultimate complete
    The Chrome removal and Carbon project in flight...

2. Thomas_K

Thomas_K Member

I say wrap it.
    BTW how did you do the doorhandles? Can we get some close ups?

3. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

4. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Hard to tell from the pictures. Gut instinct it'd probably look better matching the other parts you de-chromed, but hard to tell from that pic.

5. Reed

Reed Member

What wheels are those? Brand and size info. Those are some of the nicest 3rd party rims I have seen on a Tesla. They match the de-chromed look nicely.

6. FlyYellow

FlyYellow Member

@reed: I like them too. They are 22x9 but I'm selling them as I think I like the 21 staggered forged wheels better. I bought them from A&E and I'm looking to do the t sport line wheels. I have them up on eBay where you can see more pics. http://bit.ly/1gMcOyy

7. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

I’ve never seen that pillar wrapped in something matte. Or wrapped in anything. And IMO there is a reason why that is... :wink: It will just break the flow of the side glass surface. And also: That is keeping in mind that there seem to be a lot of customized Model Ss out there…