TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

DE Supercharger

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by digitaltim, Jan 27, 2014.

1. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628

Did they swap out the charging cables/adapters at the DE supercharger? They seemed different to me this morning in route to NJ/NY.

If so, I wonder what prompted it.

2. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Can you quantify how they seem different?

3. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628

Quantify? Not really...

More subjective - seemed to be a different feel to the adapter when I plugged in. The four stalls had different charging adapters in the past. I will check the others when I do my return trip later this week.

4. rlang59

rlang59 Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Last time I used it they seemed pretty beat up, unlock button on the one stall hardly worked.

5. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628

I had problems charging there the week before last - called it in and they said 3 out of 4 were reporting "health" issues.

6. paulkva

paulkva Member

I don't use superchargers often, in fact I've used the DE supercharger for two trips so far and that's it. I had no problems on either trip, and I don't remember a difference between them. One trip was back in September, but my 2nd trip was recent. I think I charged in the first and third spaces, and in fact I got ~97 kW / 330 mph on Monday 1/20. Maybe they fixed whatever the problem was just before MLK weekend.