TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dead car this morning at TESLIVE....(hint: it was a rental car)

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by NigelM, Jul 14, 2013.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Yup, I'm way too accustomed to just getting out and walking away from my car. Parked the rental last night and walked back into the hotel but left the headlights on. Dead battery this morning! :redface:

Interesting to note that I had three other Tesla owners with me last night and none of them noticed.

Big thanks to Doug who produced a set of jump cables, we made it to the airport on time.

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I managed to turn the windshield wipers on about 4 or 5 times over the weekend on my rental trying to back out of the tight spots at the Crowne Plaza. :)

3. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

Imagine you forgot to turn the engine off, just to come out to no fuel (assuming the car is still there).

4. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

I'm so glad my rental beeps at me for leaving the keys in (engine still on) or I would have done exactly that! Several times!

5. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

I was with Nigel and told him how I took my wife's hybrid highlander to the store recently, got out and left it running for nearly 20 minutes until I returned. Double :red face:

6. Frankc

Frankc Member

FWIW At 4:30am when I left the hotel for the airport I saw what must have been your car with the aux lights on (not headllights), but no idea who's it was. Glad you made it to the airport

7. FloraBlond

FloraBlond New Member

When my cute husband does not want to "mess up" his Tesla Signature gorgeous red, he takes my hybrid little Honda out...and always just walks away....

8. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

On Friday I tried to start my rental by pressing on the brake...