TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Dead destination charger

Discussion in 'North America' started by t00shay, Aug 27, 2017.

1. t00shay

t00shay Member

So there are two Tesla destination chargers near my house that are dead. There is no power to them. Who do I report the problem to? Is it Tesla who owns and maintain them or the property owner?

• Disagree x 1
  2. cpa

cpa Active Member

The property owner is responsible.

I experienced a dead destination charger at a hotel in Phoenix. It had been out of service for over three months. Management was unconcerned.

Tesla furnishes the unit free, and anecdotally sometimes helps defray the cost of installation. But the property owner is responsible for maintenance, repair and the electricity charges.

3. t00shay

t00shay Member

Thanks for the quick response. Well then, it looks like I'm out of luck. The property has closed down. I'll try to get tesla to remove it from their map then.

4. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Try to buy it, or perhaps Tesla might relocate the device.

5. Missile Toad

Missile Toad Member

Has anyone harvested the HPWCs yet? It seems, a good offer price might be around $200. It would be nice to see the chargers get a second life somewhere. I recommend updating plugshare.com to show the apparent shut-down of the site. I had to do that here in Texas once. Nobody likes to show up at a 'charger' that gives you the red ring.

6. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

I have the same problem with two HPWC and one Clipper Creek at the Pasco Red Lion right near the Pasco, WA airport. All are dead, which I'm assuming is ONLY possible if the hotel management has turned off breakers. I cannot believe that a single point failure can cause all three units to be off. I have complained to the hotel management, and get the same response: They are owned by Tesla and only Tesla can fix them. Sounds like BS to me. EDIT: According to Plugshare, it was BS:

7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Definitely BS. Whoever you spoke with didn’t want to deal with the problem and apparently didn’t care about your business. Escalate your complaint up the hotel management chain. I suspect you will find someone who will not be pleased with the way that manager treated a potential customer.