Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead Inverter? Solaredge SE7600

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed today that my Tesla solar system was not producing anything. Checking the app it looks like the issue began on 11/21 (wish I could have been alerted that I was not producing power).

Either way I have a Solaredge SE7600H-US inverter. Did a power cycle of the inverter and after the 5 minute warm up I get an error "18xB7 HW Error". Additionally it shows only 10/29 panels. Tesla requested a photo of this along with the serial number.

Anyone have experience with this? How long did it take for Tesla to come out and repair/replace the inverter? If replaced did they use the same model or new? I'd hate to get the same model and have to worry about this again.

System was installed in September of 2019 if that makes a difference.

Wait, do you not obsessively check your production every minute?!? I thought that was a requirement of posting on this board! Where's a mod when you need them?

So I don't have Tesla solar (went through a 3rd party) but my Enphase system is remotely monitored and I do get production emails both monthly but also when things are not working right. Last example of that was when we got some snow and some of the panels were producing and others weren't, which was flagged as a problem.

A cursory search shows 18xB7 is not an uncommon problem but no obvious culprit or solution. Best of luck escalating to Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: charlesj
Anyone have experience with this? How long did it take for Tesla to come out and repair/replace the inverter? If replaced did they use the same model or new? I'd hate to get the same model and have to worry about this again.
It normally takes a few weeks for Tesla to process an RMA with SolarEdge and get a refurbished inverter. Then once they receive it they will schedule a service call with you to install it, likely another few weeks out.

Some people have been able to shorten the process some by dealing directly with SolarEdge to get the replacement and then just having Tesla come out and install it.

There are some other threads about how people dealt with this:

I purchased my system installed 2018 10.75kw 2 powerwalls. It died (SolarEdge Inverter) 4 months later and was down for over 3 months. The first year it was down for 5 months! It's works for about 4-6 months and died. My system is down AGAIN 6/18/2022 for the 5th or 6th time. I just had it fixed in 1/2022. My system is down 1/3 time if not more. I've had the inverters with the blue LED panel and now the last 2 without the LED panel. So upset with this. I have never received a penny for lost production.

I purchased my system installed 2018 10.75kw 2 powerwalls. It died (SolarEdge Inverter) 4 months later and was down for over 3 months. The first year it was down for 5 months! It's works for about 4-6 months and died. My system is down AGAIN 6/18/2022 for the 5th or 6th time. I just had it fixed in 1/2022. My system is down 1/3 time if not more. I've had the inverters with the blue LED panel and now the last 2 without the LED panel. So upset with this. I have never received a penny for lost production.
Sorry to hear it. Given your location, I am curious what sort of lightning protection/surge protection you have. Care to share?

All the best,

BG

I am in a similar boat. 12kw system installed in Dec. 2020, worked for 1.5 years, then my 10kw SolarEdge inverter went out on May 30, 2022. Tesla visited a few days later and declared the capacitor had failed and it would take 2 weeks to get a replacement inverter. 12 weeks later and multiple calls/chats and they still can't tell me anything about a replacement schedule. Very frustrating. It doesn't seem like they are trying or care that their customers are losing $$ due to lost production.

12 weeks later and multiple calls/chats and they still can't tell me anything about a replacement schedule. Very frustrating. It doesn't seem like they are trying or care that their customers are losing $$ due to lost production.
I'm sure they care, but they really can't make SolarEdge refurbish and ship replacement inverters any faster. Maybe there is a shortage of components for SolarEdge to refurbish the inverters.

This is a common problem, I've posted in other threads but my 7.6kW SolarEdge inverter failed in July and I'm still waiting for a replacement.
Thanks for that :-( My 4yo SE5000H (18xB7) died Sept 1 2022. Keep getting the run around from SE. Now into my third month. SolarEdge (in Australia) are obviously not keeping backup supplies for a well-known problem. So many dealers now refuse to carry their systems. You would think they'd have a fix by now. Very poor response to an old problem.

Thanks for that :-( My 4yo SE5000H (18xB7) died Sept 1 2022. Keep getting the run around from SE. Now into my third month. SolarEdge (in Australia) are obviously not keeping backup supplies for a well-known problem. So many dealers now refuse to carry their systems. You would think they'd have a fix by now. Very poor response to an old problem.
Did you are your installer get an RMA replacement approved? If not why not?

One option is too complain publicly with replies to all of their Twitter posts. Give the specifics of your issue and the delays that your are having in getting the replacement. Two things happen, first you warn others to stay away from SolarEdge and second they don't like this and will likely reach out to you to solve the issue. Be polite and specific.

Reactions: BGbreeder