Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead links in Web pages (links /URLs) referenced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many discussions include links to website or blog pages, or vendor pdf's that become dead links or unavailable after a year or more. This is a shame because then the whole thread/ discussion becomes sort of useless/ hard to figure out, even tho over time the topic becomes still interesting to revisit.
Maybe we could have some guidelines for links to also include links to that page archived in the Wayback Machine (unless the archiving is not successful ..) - or better at least a png or jpeg image of that page, better even a .mht archived web page (but how would it be saved in threads?) .. better if someone could devise a one click way to archive any page in a side load of the TMC website. (Note for techs, Firefox used to have a great add on called Scrapbook, which I see may be re written for Chrome ) Will revisit this topic when I have time, but thought I would mention it now.

For an example, see all the links in the page It's the Batteries, Stupid!

• Love
Reactions: cwerdna
Great input -thanks - had some problems loading archive.is / archive.today - sometimes it doesn't resolve .. weird (TBC - need to get to the bottom of this)
Also need to decide on a Bookmarking app - delicious is no more, Google Bookmarks, not so hot about privacy issues - maybe Memex?