Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DEAD model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a 2019 MX...been perfect...but did last update 2 nights ago & then did a restart as I always do after an update...Now it is sealed closed..Can't open or start or honk the horn or anything remotely or otherwise..ANY SUGGESTIIONS greatly appreciated
Thanx in Advance...I'm looking on the car app...it is saying vehicle connection error/says updated on Feb 9th but I did after that!! however I did it from the app..never did that before always did from the screen in car UGH... my Tesla app on phone is NOT responding at all

Last edited:
We have a 2019 MX...been perfect...but did last update 2 nights ago & then did a restart as I always do after an update...Now it is sealed closed..Can't open or start or honk the horn or anything remotely or otherwise..ANY SUGGESTIIONS greatly appreciated
Thanx in Advance...I'm looking on the car app...it is saying vehicle connection error/says updated on Feb 9th but I did after that!! however I did it from the app..never did that before always did from the screen in car UGH... my Tesla app on phone is NOT responding at all

You didn’t reboot it right in the middle of it defragging the file system after the update, did you?

• Funny
Reactions: aesculus and mxnym

Could your 12V battery be dead? Any way you can try getting a jumpstart unit on it?

Reactions: VikH
Reminiscent of Windows updates of a few years ago. :-( Hope this isn't going to be a sign of the future. I often apply one or two updates while I am traveling and away, but now think I should wait until I am near the car and roll down the driver's window first.

can NOT open anything!! doors, windows, trunk, frunk, etc
can not start...I am not going to try and force open trunk..I have a 45 yo son...get the pix?
Also no app works I have 2 the original app from Tesla & the one that starts the car etc remotely from phone NOTHING WORKS

The good news is you don't need to break in - there's actually a safety release on the Model X's frunk to get in there. Here's a good video to watch about it:

Reactions: VikH and Akikiki
can NOT open anything!! doors, windows, trunk, frunk, etc
can not start...I am not going to try and force open trunk..I have a 45 yo son...get the pix?
Also no app works I have 2 the original app from Tesla & the one that starts the car etc remotely from phone NOTHING WORKS

I would make a pretty good bet that your 12 volt battery is dead. Get that jumped and you'll be back on the road. you might ask your 45-year-old son to go ahead and look at YouTube and figure out how to do that. :)

Reactions: VikH