Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead Model Y @ 200 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else hear of this happening?

I go to charge the car and screen immediately shows Charging Stopped on the screen. I try different outlets and same thing. I then try to drive the car and get this message: "Electrical system power reduced Vehicle may shut down unexpectedly". I step on the accelerator and a message says Please wait while vehicle systems start up, and it never does. I let the car sit overnight.
The next morning car is completely dead.
Car gets towed and service center informs me they need their Master Tech, because their lead can't solve it.
I was told today they had to order parts and probably won't be fixed until next week!
Such a horrible experience so far! Only 200 miles!

I think there’s a difference between an engine failure and someone crashing a car...
Did you read the article? “The unlucky driver behind the wheel of a black Lamborghini Huracan Spyder — which reportedly start at just under $265,000 for 2020 models — stopped due to a mechanical failure Wednesday on the M1 in West Yorkshire when it was struck from behind by an “innocent motorist,” West Yorkshire police tweeted.”

Reactions: decrypt and Tam
...horrible...

I am sorry that it happens to you. I think it's a matter of bad luck because no matter how good a quality assurance department is (and I am not saying Tesla has a good one), statistically, someone will get a broken car. The risk might be small but it is not zero.

I know that risk when I bought something new even a Tesla.

Fortunately for me, I have owned 3 different Tesla cars so far and they are pretty much trouble-free for me since 2012 for the past 8 years.

One good thing about Tesla is: It's a computer on wheels so it gives out all the detailed error messages and the appropriate person can fix it easily.

Since Model Y is still new in the production, I suspect your Service Center can't work on yours now because they have a protocol to notify of certain system error messages to the higher up in the chain of command first.

Your car is modular so it's quick and easy to swap out bad parts.

Tesla will make it whole for you.