TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dead pedal add on?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Dazureus, May 13, 2016.

1. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

Anyone else miss having a hard surface for a dead pedal? After driving the Model S, I noticed that the Model X doesn't have a dead pedal even though it has the incline where one would be. I always put my foot there and I'm pretty regularly vacuuming the drivers carpet to keep it clean, but this won't suffice during the winter. Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution that will be easily cleanable during the winter time?

2. Vizir

Vizir Member

3. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

I use a hand towel in carpet color on top of the floor mats. Easy to shake out and helps keep the mats looking good. It is positioned over the carpeted foot rest and just wide enough for the accelerator heel.

Such a solution does provide exercise when bending down to straighten the towel each time you park.

4. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

From the description, it might need the factory stock plastic dead pedal that's found in the Model S to attach to. Still, it might be a solution if I can think of a creative way to make it stick to the carpet. Maybe some adhesive hook material or something.

5. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

I sent an email to the owner,mine was very prompt with the reply, he said some MX owners are buying the MS pedal covers and they are fitting the X,nut a tight fit. MS Dead Pedal is not the same and needs to be designed specifically for the MX. He said he is working on a kit for MX, haven't heard back on an eta.

• Informative x 2
  6. F123456

F123456 Member

Site now mentions end of July for a model X dead pedal:

Dead Pedal for Model X coming by the end of July 2016.

Questions? email Jerry at: [email protected].
    or call: 224 676 1484

7. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out