Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead pedal - dead in 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm upset the dead pedal has gone away in the 2020. Seems obvious Tesla is cost-saving but a piece of vinyl over the area at least would be nice.

Anyone know if there are stainless or aluminum pedals out there for the carpeted/non-existent pedal area?

Reactions: KJD
Wow! Isn't the dead pedal just a cover over the wheel well? Did they move the wheel? Or did they just stop covering it with a plate and just use carpet there now? Anyone wanna take a photo? How do you not wear a hole in the carpet like the one most cars get under the accelerator pedal?

And how do we have 2020 Teslas? It's not like they have model years, so don't you have to wait until 2020 to get a 2020 Tesla?

Wow! Isn't the dead pedal just a cover over the wheel well? Did they move the wheel? Or did they just stop covering it with a plate and just use carpet there now? Anyone wanna take a photo? How do you not wear a hole in the carpet like the one most cars get under the accelerator pedal?

And how do we have 2020 Teslas? It's not like they have model years, so don't you have to wait until 2020 to get a 2020 Tesla?
Can grab a photo when I return from my travels but it'll be 2 weeks. There are no provisions for the mounting of the plastic plate - just straight carpet over the area.

You indeed do not have to wait for 2020 to get a 2020. I have a October 19 build - 2020 VIN/registration.

4Q deliveries are flagged as 2020, based upon the VIN number.

I'm upset the dead pedal has gone away in the 2020.
Seems obvious Tesla is cost-saving but a piece of vinyl over the area at least would be nice.
Anyone know if there are stainless or aluminum pedals out there for the carpeted/non-existent pedal area?
Since everyone install floor covers in their new Model 3, the dead pedal existing aluminium cover would be covered anyway.

Note: The Website indicates now 322 miles instead of 310 miles, so Tesla must have find a way to save weight? /s

Dead pedal can also be there, if there is just thin carpet over a hard base. Will give most of the feedback of a hard mounted actual pedal.

Purpose to the dead pedal for racers is to give some feedback of the road surface and tire contact. Not really of much benefit for street driven cars.

Putting the edge of your foot up against a hard or plastic surface can also give you some direct feedback.

• Helpful
Reactions: TrooperCA