Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead pedal - dead in 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most likely post-September production - begin 20MY production. I have a 2019 with a plastic dead pedal.
My car has a production stamp of 10/19, an MY19 vin number, and a dead pedal. It's possible at some point in the last couple of weeks they retooled the line to remove the dead pedal (and frunk hooks per another thread) to coincide with the shift in vin numbers that they don't advertise or price on, but is it likely?

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I just took delivery of a new Model 3 last week. It is indeed a 2020. So much so that there was a discrepancy with the VIN (which resolved as a 2020 model on the insurance carrier system and the DMV) and Tesla's delivery paperwork which said 2019. They went and changed it. There is no dead pedal, just carpet and here is a picture. I saw some (somewhat) sarcastic posts above with LMGTFY...however all the hits I am getting so far are for metal plates that attach with tape, and they are made with the version with the plastic dead pedal. If anyone has suggestions on link to products for this new and "improved" version, I'd love to know thank you. I have the all weather mats. The liners don't go up all the way either.

Attachments

• IMG_1492.JPG
    IMG_1492.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 939
Gotta cut costs somewhere! :p

If anyone is interested, I will do a straight* trade of my 2018 P3D+ with dead pedal, frunk hooks, frunk mat, and mobile charging cable with 2 adapters, for your "bare bones" 2020 P3D+... I paid far more for mine, but I'm willing to do a straight* trade :D

*Aftermarket accessories not included, with the exception of the full PPF, chrome delete, and 3M crystalline window tint.

*Also, I'm kidding. I will not trade anyone. I like my rarely used frunk mat, and frunk hooks too much.

What's odd is the need for a new front left factory mat design to cover the dead pedal area. So they added cost to remove cost? Are the Bean Counters out of control? There must be something substantial added in the mix that warrants this level of decontent and price adjustment to the premium trims (homelink, hooks, front mat, dead pedal, pocket lights, nema1450, +$'s)

IMG_0757.jpeg

I just took delivery of a new Model 3 last week. It is indeed a 2020. So much so that there was a discrepancy with the VIN (which resolved as a 2020 model on the insurance carrier system and the DMV) and Tesla's delivery paperwork which said 2019. They went and changed it. There is no dead pedal, just carpet and here is a picture. I saw some (somewhat) sarcastic posts above with LMGTFY...however all the hits I am getting so far are for metal plates that attach with tape, and they are made with the version with the plastic dead pedal. If anyone has suggestions on link to products for this new and "improved" version, I'd love to know thank you. I have the all weather mats. The liners don't go up all the way either.
Thanks for the photo. I'm sure an aftermarket manufacturer will release a 2020 dead pedal soon.

• Informative
Reactions: tren01t
Comon Tesla bean counters. Lol

MY2021 Model 3 will come with one cupholder In the center console and manual windows. :D

Attachments

• D7ED1E10-F788-450D-962E-1496103E1CE3.jpeg
    D7ED1E10-F788-450D-962E-1496103E1CE3.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 542
  • 971C613E-34F6-473D-82A5-3990DFAF8DE3.jpeg
    971C613E-34F6-473D-82A5-3990DFAF8DE3.jpeg
    596.2 KB · Views: 586
What's odd is the need for a new front left factory mat design to cover the dead pedal area. So they added cost to remove cost? Are the Bean Counters out of control? There must be something substantial added in the mix that warrants this level of decontent and price adjustment to the premium trims (homelink, hooks, front mat, dead pedal, pocket lights, nema1450, +$'s)

View attachment 474555
ok i've been passively watching this thread and this is just asinine. i hope there was an actual, technical reason for removing the dead pedal. i've yet to get any response from elon or tesla on any of my social media posts so i doubt asking will get you anywhere.

This is what I got to match the others. Fits well

DEF Foot Rest Dead Pedal Cover... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q3W6CW7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This "cover" attaches to the existing dead pedal. The hard plastic pedal has been removed or covered with carpeting - the floor mat splits and lies on top. I don't think the popular cover plates would attach firmly to the carpet with adhesive tape and would require a new mat.

Adding, this is perfectly fine if you go with the 3D Maxpider rubber mats as they cover the dead pedal anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: XLR82XS and tren01t
ok i've been passively watching this thread and this is just asinine. i hope there was an actual, technical reason for removing the dead pedal. i've yet to get any response from elon or tesla on any of my social media posts so i doubt asking will get you anywhere.
I've seen people complain that the dead pedal sticks out too far...
Model 3, pedal space to rest left foot?

• Love
Reactions: beachmiles