Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead pedal - dead in 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought the Basenor dead pedal on Amazon for $11... and some Velcro from Walmart. Works very well IMHO.
Its solid plastic with an aluminum/stainless insert which means the Velcro has a full surface to attach to, unlike the versions that are aluminum/stainless with cutouts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NY532SZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(looks like theyre out of stock right now (covid?), but presumably all from China, and ebay has the same thing (from China)...

Last edited:
I'm really happy with my 3 pedal set for my 2020 SR from RPM.
I am using pre-2020 floor mats and the dead pedal is taped directly to the carpet.
These are their matte pedals. The dead pedal is matte on the front and shiny on the side. They all come this way and I think it looks good and fits with the "Model 3" door sill plates.
The dead pedal strips are not rubber. They are grippy like a skateboard (like sandpaper). They do grip well, but don't wipe with a paper towel.

Attachments

• 20200510_175243.jpg
    20200510_175243.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 20200510_175251.jpg
    20200510_175251.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 20200510_175327.jpg
    20200510_175327.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 206
Nice pics.

The dead pedal strips are not rubber. They are grippy like a skateboard (like sandpaper). They do grip well, but don't wipe with a paper towel.

That was the first thing I noticed before reading what you wrote. It doesn't look right IMO, but most people probably won't notice it.

The cheap Amazon dead pedal for $22 shipped (price it was when I bought mine) has rubber strips that pop out, so they match the brake & accelerator pedal covers and feel the same.

Nice pics.

That was the first thing I noticed before reading what you wrote. It doesn't look right IMO, but most people probably won't notice it.

The cheap Amazon dead pedal for $22 shipped (price it was when I bought mine) has rubber strips that pop out, so they match the brake & accelerator pedal covers and feel the same.

Ironically, I really to buy all 3 pedals together so they matched and waited for the RPM parts to come in ... and they don't match anyway.
The fitment of the RPM pedals is really good and no odor what so ever.

It does look a bit odd in the pics. In person, it is hard to notice. The amazon one looks like a good option (and the poorly translated description is hilarious).

For the people who have done this - was it more about look, or feel? I have a 2021 M3 and it is the first car I've owned with a left foot resting position that doesn't feel right, but it seems like this issue might be more aesthetic than ergonomic for other people?

Reactions: hcdavis3
I have successfully added in the missing dead pedal that Tesla took away from all 2020 model 3 owners. The hardest part was sourcing the actual dead pedal. I ended up just messaging several different sellers on eBay who were selling the drivers side carpet liner, which has the dead pedal to see if they would agree to sell me the dead pedal by itself. One of them agreed and I was able to get it that way.

after receiving it I used cardboard and made a template of where the attachment points go on the carpet and used a carpet knife from Home Depot to cut out the carpet using the template I made.
I acquired a dead pedal on eBay for $25. (Tesla part # 1086813-00-E) I am OK with cutting the carpet but I want to look under the carpet before I cut it. Make sure there are holes there for the dead pedal and no wires or anything else under there that could be damaged by a knife. Is it easy to peal the carpet back? Can anyone tell me how to look under the front carpet?

I have a 2022 Long Range and it does NOT have the plastic dead pedal cover. This is annoying because I hate the Tesla floor mats, aftermarket non-all weather mats don't cover it, I absolutely don't want all weather mats, and any factory plastic covers I see are used (scuffed) or from weird overseas sellers (ie. Ukrain)

My wife got a 2020 M3 SR+, and there was no Dead Pedal aftermarket accssory for it. I bought one from Ebay for the Model Y, IIRC. As there is no tubber (non fabric) "dead pedal" area, I just used double sided tape. It's stayed there sice March of 2020. Check with Abstract Ocean, they might be able to find you one. You can use doublesided tape full width and stick it to the carpet, or even use Male Velcro.