Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead pixel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's more interesting to me is that this is the first I've heard of a dead pixel on an MS screen. Thinking about it, I would have expected at least a few of these to have been reported by now, but no. They must have very good quality control at their screen manufacturer.

Here is the pic. In the day time, it's green....you don't really notice it...but at night, it is white...and you can see it better. Unfortunately I don't have a night picture. You can see what was taken just now.

They were very good about it....because I know if it was Apple, they would have just passed it by and tell me to wait until more pixels were dead (well...they would probably just give me a new iPhone, if I would have seen it at the store when I opened it).

It's in the shop now getting replaced as we speak :). So, I am quite pleased with the result.

photo.JPG

Here is the pic. In the day time, it's green....you don't really notice it...but at night, it is white...and you can see it better. Unfortunately I don't have a night picture. You can see what was taken just now.

They were very good about it....because I know if it was Apple, they would have just passed it by and tell me to wait until more pixels were dead (well...they would probably just give me a new iPhone, if I would have seen it at the store when I opened it).

It's in the shop now getting replaced as we speak :). So, I am quite pleased with the result.

Rockin out to Selena Gomez I see! :p

well that was bound to happen eventually. usually most manufacturers won't replace unless you have at least 3-5 dead pixels within the warranty period. the fact that Tesla is replacing for just 1 dead pixel is surprising to me, but good to know!

I have one dead pixel - almost since my delivery ~13 months ago..never really bothered me but I may mentioned when I go in for 37.5k service at the wens of the month.

As I've posted on the tech thread, when we ran up and down to/from Prescott the day before yesterday, a vertical line - thin and black - running the entire length of my screen appeared. I performed a re-boot - no change. I went to the Scottsdale SC today, where they also both performed a re-boot, then a fuse-out-and-wait: no change. They said they've never seen this before.

So it's to the appointement-scheduling on Monday for a 3 1/2 hour screen replacement surgery.