Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead reversing camera (presumably software)?

DopeGhoti

Aug 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
When I was parking at work today, the reversing camera showed naught but for the white lines predicting my car's path. I gave it a few seconds, but it never came 'online', as it were. I am still capable of using the old Mark I Eyeball fortunately, and was able to park without further incident, but is this a common problem? When I head out to lunch today, if it's still happening, I'll try a soft reboot, but if that doesn't bring my camera back is there anything further I can do rather than add an item to my already-scheduled service appointment next week for an unrelated issue?

JPP

Feb 4, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Reboot--also sometimes going out of Reverse, back to Park, then back to reverse helps--this is a known 'feature' now better for me with later firmware updates.

Reactions: evp

DopeGhoti

Aug 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Reboot--also sometimes going out of Reverse, back to Park, then back to reverse helps--this is a known 'feature' now better for me with later firmware updates.
"Jiggling the handle" to flip R-D-R didn't help this morning, but I'll try that next time (if there is a next time). The camera was perfectly operable on my lunch run today, happily.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
When I was parking at work today, the reversing camera showed naught but for the white lines predicting my car's path. I gave it a few seconds, but it never came 'online', as it were. I am still capable of using the old Mark I Eyeball fortunately, and was able to park without further incident, but is this a common problem? When I head out to lunch today, if it's still happening, I'll try a soft reboot, but if that doesn't bring my camera back is there anything further I can do rather than add an item to my already-scheduled service appointment next week for an unrelated issue?

On some firmwares this has happened more often than others. For me, once it happens, nothing fixes it but the car going fully to sleep. Rebooting has never fixed it for that "session" in the car. The car has had to go fully asleep, then it works again. Hasent happened to me in a while though... probably 5 months ago was the last time it happened (bought my car in december of 2018).

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and DopeGhoti

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC