Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead Screen after 2021.36.5.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
I just returned from a 7 day trip, model Y not plugged in but plenty of charge, car does drive, signal lights, head lights but No Screen, tried the reboot, that didnt work, going to try the D/C Contractor disconnect and see if that resets it all.

Note, I can not connect to the Model Y via the Tesla phone app.

Just read over in the Model 3 forum, someone else having the same issue after patch 2021.36. I did a search and only found his post, if there is a running post about this DEAD SCREEN issue, please post the link here.

Thanks

Set up a Mobile service call for Tuesday from 8am - Noon, I leave for Las Vegas at 1pm so hopefully this guy can fix it, the Hard Reset by removing the contractor didnt work, so Im guessing either the computer or the screen.

Update, just like the post of the guy with the Model 3 a year ago, the computer will need to be changed out. So no computer in stock but one should arrive first thing next week.

I will be taking the Model 3 SR+ to Vegas tomorrow, no issues with the SR+ as I prefer to drive it more because it’s a smoother ride and have done the trip to Vegas 5 times now.

I wanted to play with the FSD this month but the Model 3 doesn’t have the FSD computer, it’s only version 2.5. Not going to spend 1700.00 to update the computer on the M3SR+

Fred

Last edited:
I’m on 2021.36.8 in a new MYP and just got a dead screen. I have the HEPA filter blocking my battery so I’m not even able to try pulling the 12v easily myself. Sounds like that might not even help. This car sucks. Currently ruining my thanksgiving and long weekend (road trip)