Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deal check: should I buy? 2017 model x P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have a deal on my hand and wanted to check you you all if I should take or walk away.
Here is spec

2017 Model X P90D
Mileage: 112,000 km
Enhanced auto pilot (HW 2.0)
Midnight silver metallic
22 inch Onyx wheel
Tech package
Premium upgrade
Smart air suspension
Active spoiler
2017 January model

Price: $58,000

I am in Switzerland(Moved from US recently), and price of Tesla is a bit cheaper here, but not that drastically different.
We met and checked out the car, and overall condition is good.
I asked to seller to get the car to Tesla for Pre-purchase inspection, and he is setting up an appointment.

Should I take this deal? What's your opinion? Is there anything I should be aware on 2017 model?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 10.50.50.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 10.50.50.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 192
I have put 4K miles on a December 2016 P100d in 7 months. Needs front axels and I have had an intermittent error that prevents supercharging occasionally.

My take is, there are better EVs for 60k. Better ICE SUVs and performance cars too. If your concerns aren’t being being drowned by the excitement of owning and driving a performance X then it might not be the the car for you. It’s stupid fast. I don’t think there is an equivalent car on the market. BMW X6 M???

Not much is rational about the X.
MCU1 is frustratingly slow. I have completely given up on using voice commands. I’ll consider myself lucky to get 20k miles out of a new set of tires. (No camber adjustment on rear suspension)

Mine was a gift. Reliability is my only factor I consider when I spend my money on cars. So my take is probably biased. Telsa hands down has the best EV when you consider their charging network.

I have put 4K miles on a December 2016 P100d in 7 months. Needs front axels and I have had an intermittent error that prevents supercharging occasionally.

My take is, there are better EVs for 60k. Better ICE SUVs and performance cars too. If your concerns aren’t being being drowned by the excitement of owning and driving a performance X then it might not be the the car for you. It’s stupid fast. I don’t think there is an equivalent car on the market. BMW X6 M???

Not much is rational about the X.
MCU1 is frustratingly slow. I have completely given up on using voice commands. I’ll consider myself lucky to get 20k miles out of a new set of tires. (No camber adjustment on rear suspension)

Mine was a gift. Reliability is my only factor I consider when I spend my money on cars. So my take is probably biased. Telsa hands down has the best EV when you consider their charging network.
Thanks for the reply.
Do you regret your purchase?
How many times did you have to take it to the shop?

I purchased a 16 p90d in April 2021 and love it. Tires do wear fast, so get alignment done with suspension set to low and don't let the car change from that setting (this will minimize the wear and the potential of shudder from the axels.) It has been to the service center at least 3 times and cost me about $1000 each time. I would suggest the extended warranty as repairs are costly, I just went with x-care 3 weeks ago so I can't speak about them yet. The MCU1 is slow but no worse that any infotainment system that was designed over 10 years ago. Any thoughts of regrets that I have are wiped away when I accelerate or when the doors open and close on their own.

It was a hand me down gift. Needed to go get axels replaced they day I got it but haven’t done that as it’s a 2.5 hour drive to service center. And then another service for the charging error but I got my home charger installed that weekend so I never took it in. I’d be just as happy with a model Y for daily driving and happier that it would be under warranty.

Take it for what it is, a really fast, one of a kind nearly hand build car that has quirks and won’t be cheap to repair if something does need fixed. I Addded lowering links to the front only and drive with it set to normal. The 1.5- 2cm dropped front is only noticeable if you have another X to look at and compare to. It’s why I can get by not fixing the axels. It’s a lot of fun!! So would 4 15k vacations.

I know nothing about the Swiss roads but the 22s would be a negative for me. Not not a deal breaker.

Edit… I also have the XCare warranty but have not used it.