Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dealers are clueless about Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I sold my Tesla Model S last week.
Don't ask why.
To a "car dealer", and they are utterly clueless.
They told me the car would go to auction in a week.
Ok.
They asked me NOTHING about the state of the car.
Paid me.
Done.

"She" sits in their parking lot. Not plugged in. With the fob in a plastic lock box on the drivers side window.

I still have access to the app. And she's losing 20 miles a day. She'll be at 0 before the auction.

I feel like calling them and warning them ... but it's not my problem any more, right?

What would you do if you were in my shoes? Honk the horn? Turn on the A/C? \
???????? :)

Don't ask why.
Ok.
Paid me.
Done.

"She" sits in their parking lot. Not plugged in. With the fob in a plastic lock box on the drivers side window.

I still have access to the app. And she's losing 20 miles a day. She'll be at 0 before the auction.

I feel like calling them and warning them ... but it's not my problem any more, right?

go and drive the car a bit with your app? or is it a locked parking lot

Don't ask why.
Ok.
Paid me.
Done.

Even though you requested that no one ask why, your entire post deserves one big WHY. It’s not your car.

Don't ask why.
Ok.
Paid me.
Done.

I have an issue with the title of your post. Just because the dealership you picked is uneducated about Tesla doesn't mean all are which is indicated by your use of plural.

• Disagree
Reactions: StarLog and GreenT
It's a locked parking lot.
Exactly how would I drive it with the app on a 2013?
Tell me and I will!!!!! :)

Can't you use the app to unlock and use keyless drive button to allow you to drive without a fob? The locked part of the lot is probably the bigger issue as well as your rapidly diminishing battery.

Plus the fact you don't own it anymore.

This same thing happened to me earlier this year, from the sale to a dealer to the auction to the failure to plug in as the car sat (and went to zero range) for about a month. I considered contacting the auctioneer to let them know but it wasn't my car anymore so I stopped paying attention to it, even though I was getting alerts on my app. I deleted the app and that was that.