Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dealership Settled PCP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have just sold my 2021 Model 3 SR+ to a dealership who gave me quite a good offer considering the recent price cuts.

They have sent me payment of the difference to my account, and have collected the car from me - I have gone and transferred ownership to said dealer.

Where I am now a bit confused/concerned is the settlement of the outstanding PCP finance. They have sent a screenshot showing me proof of funds being transferred to Tesla's financial services account, showing that the payment for the oustanding finance has certainly left their account. What I'm now not sure - is how does this register to my Tesla? I note (just now!) that Tesla want the money to come from my account - surely this isn't usual, when I have had dealers buy off me before, they have always done it this way. I'm also a bit nervous because said Dealer used the numberplate as the reference number, and not the specific reference on the letter.

Tried contacting Tesla financial services just to confirm all was ok, but you can only leave a voicemail (how on earth is that allowed?!), or send an email. God knows how long they'll take to respond to that - so I just wanted to check if anyone had gone through this before, and whether they had any advice on how long it will take to show up on my account that it's all been paid (if there aren't any problems that you've noticed by this ramble!). Don't suppose anyone has a direct number?

Also - when do I remove the car off my app? Kind of loathe to do that until I have confirmation from Tesla.

Hi all,

I have just sold my 2021 Model 3 SR+ to a dealership who gave me quite a good offer considering the recent price cuts.

They have sent me payment of the difference to my account, and have collected the car from me - I have gone and transferred ownership to said dealer.

Where I am now a bit confused/concerned is the settlement of the outstanding PCP finance. They have sent a screenshot showing me proof of funds being transferred to Tesla's financial services account, showing that the payment for the oustanding finance has certainly left their account. What I'm now not sure - is how does this register to my Tesla? I note (just now!) that Tesla want the money to come from my account - surely this isn't usual, when I have had dealers buy off me before, they have always done it this way. I'm also a bit nervous because said Dealer used the numberplate as the reference number, and not the specific reference on the letter.

Tried contacting Tesla financial services just to confirm all was ok, but you can only leave a voicemail (how on earth is that allowed?!), or send an email. God knows how long they'll take to respond to that - so I just wanted to check if anyone had gone through this before, and whether they had any advice on how long it will take to show up on my account that it's all been paid (if there aren't any problems that you've noticed by this ramble!). Don't suppose anyone has a direct number?

Also - when do I remove the car off my app? Kind of loathe to do that until I have confirmation from Tesla.
I just did the same but with BMW financial services, it took 48hrs to show up on my account.