TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dealership -vs- Delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by M3forME, Apr 24, 2018.

?

Did you go to the dealership or have it delivered?

1. Delivery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dealership

100.0%
  1. M3forME

M3forME Member

I recently placed my order (YAY!) and am outside the 160 miles to the nearest dealership, so I can have it delivered to me, but I am wondering if there is a benefit to going to the dealership as I am only about 200 miles away. I'd love some thoughts and experiences on both options!

2. amitmishra4

amitmishra4 Member

I guess a few thoughts:

1) Given the high tolerances with their current state manufacturing, you can inspect your vehicle before taking delivery and refuse if it looks unacceptable (there are some threads on this).

2) The experience is said to be unlike most other car deliveries and may be special to witness in person.

3) You can build a relationship with the service manager/techs to contact in case there are issues and want to bring the car in (may not be critical but putting a face to a name makes a difference sometimes IMHO).

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

3. kingjamez

kingjamez Member

I know you are new to Tesla's, but Tesla doesn't have Dealerships. They have showrooms, service centers and design centers, sometimes at the same location.

I'd pick it up.

4. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Is Cat

I don’t understand the question. What dealership?

• Disagree x 3
  5. M3forME

M3forME Member

Ok, come on now... the store, showroom, service center in Nashville-Brentwood. Hope that clears up all the confusion.

6. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I would pick it up so that you meet the nice service center people, have a chance to ask additional questions, perhaps buy some additional adapters or other accessories, and like some said, have an opportunity to discuss any issues with the car.

Plus, if you pick it up, you get to drive it home. A bonding experience right away!

7. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Is Cat

I know it seems pedantic, but the devil is in the details. There’s super good reasons why Tesla doesn’t use the dealership model. It behooves us to spread the truth, always.

Go pick it up. Who wouldn’t want the roadtrip home?

8. S3XY

S3XY Active Member

Picked mine up and by the end of my 370 mile drive home I was a pretty comfortable using the center screen controls.