TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Dealerships are awesome and protect their customers... Not!

Discussion in 'Video' started by pgiralt, Jul 26, 2014.

1. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

2. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Good grief. Wonder if the dealer said this with a straight face:

Uh, no you jerk. That means the warranty covers labor as any reasonable person would expect.

3. liuping

liuping Active Member

I've never had a pleasant car buying experience until I bought my Model S, so I'm definitely no fan of car dealers, but to be far, this was a used car dealership.

Used car salesmen are pretty much the slimiest sales people on earth. The lowest of the low. They make normal car dealers look almost decent.

4. green1

green1 Active Member

What is a warranty that doesn't include labour???? Sure we'll fix your problem... minus the fixing part...

5. liuping

liuping Active Member

It's not that uncommon actually. Many items comes with warranties like 90 part and labor + 2 years parts.

6. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Just to remind everyone not to lump all dealerships into one category, there are many very honest and family owned dealerships that take care of there customers. Repeat business is very important and if you are operating in a small community the word gets out very fast. Now having said that I love the Tesla business model and do not think you can compare the two. In any business you will find the good and the bad.

7. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Saab is out of business and no longer sells cars. It must be an independent repair shop, or is this an old story?

8. liuping

liuping Active Member

I'm sure there are good honest dealers out there somewhere.

However, all six cars I bought before Tesla were from different dealers and everyone pulled all sorts of crap tactics during the sale (one even refused to let me use a calculator, back before smart phones). Every one of them did a hard sell of Extended warrantees, fabric/leather protection, etc. These were dealers that have been in San Diego for years, so I'm not sure the word of mouth thing is really hurting them.

9. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

#9 GoBlue88, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    I had a great experience selling my 2003 Acura MDX to Carmax. But yeah, in general I agree with you that independent used car dealers such as this jerk are the slime of the earth.