Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dealing with ICEholes, don't lose your cool

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is good advice, and also more generally good advice for life.
It’s amazing how many times I catch myself getting angry about someone doing something that I’ve done in the past myself.
We are all flawed, and we are all a**holes occasionally too :)

Reactions: stphw
I once left a couple of passive-aggressive notes under the wipers of two vehicles ICEing a charging spot, but felt a bit ugly after doing it.

Education is better than cure, and passive disincentives such as highly visible and unambiguous signage, comprehensive floor markings, or movable bollards in front of spots that set the hurdle high enough to be a disincentive to the casual ICE driver but not high enough to be a meaningful barrier to an EV driver, probably work better.

Then there is the arrogant self entitled driver.

Attachments

• A6627993-9ACF-401F-AB16-9510DB523D9B.jpeg
    A6627993-9ACF-401F-AB16-9510DB523D9B.jpeg
    548.1 KB · Views: 121
As much as I'd like to carry a long type-2 male-female extension cable and park them in while charging, I do know that road rage is intensified by guilt. These people know they are doing the wrong thing, and so are easily triggered. And you can't (safely) extend a CCS2 or supercharger cable :)

That Corvette would trigger me I know, blocking TWO EV spots like that. I'd be inclined to wait for the driver. Depends on my mood. Then again, remaining cool is the way to go. If I caught them doing this more than once then yeah some intervention would make sense.

My wife took this photo today at the Logan Hyperdome carpark in which a "Hyundai Ioniq Hole" was being charged by a Tesla Destination charger...how rude!
View attachment 604951
Is... is that sarcasm? It's an EV... Using an EV charger... If you think there's a problem he's using an EV charger that is Tesla branded... That's a little elitist don't you think?

Reactions: pts260