Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dealing with Tesla service.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two days ago I made an appointment via the Tesla app and it was confirmed for two weeks from that day... Today I recieved an email from Tesla Service saying the appointment is for the day before that date and not a Mobile Service,wich was previously confirmed. No mention in the email. The service center is 100 miles away, and the reason I made the original ask. Sent a new message to Tesla Service asking what is going on. No response. Very frustrating.
Advice?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
You could try calling the service center where your car has an appointment. I havent called a SC in a while, but the trick to that used to be to listen "very" closely to the prompts when you call the service center, and select the option that states "calling about a vehicle currently in service".

That option used to actually get you connected to the actual service center (vs a call center somewhere else), and you could talk to someone in the service center in question about your upcoming appointment. They used to not be super happy when you didnt actually have a car in service there, but when you explained that you "have an appointment, its a long way away, you are trying to confirm X / Y", I didnt used to get much pushback after that point.

I did call. I was directed by a recording to use the app. I am going to call again...thanks for the explanation.

Opps..I just got a text...saying my service appointment is in-queue.

I am now going out to a local Brewing House here in Eugene,Or.

Last edited:
I did call. I was directed by a recording to use the app. I am going to call again...thanks for the explanation.

Opps..I just got a text...saying my service appointment is in-queue.

I am now going out to a local Brewing House here in Eugene,Or.
This has been my experience with Tesla's energy products. Dealing with their customer service requires large quantities of alcohol. (For the customers, that is. Exactly how much alcohol Tesla's service personnel are consuming remains a mystery, although I suspect there are many empty Heinekens on the ground in their call centers. But at least, that would explain the level of "service" that one encounters with Tesla.)

Fruitcake

• Funny
Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Evidently it depends on where you live. I have had excellent results using the app with Raleigh SC. I have even just asked technical questions and received excellent advice.

I had a Mobile Tech request once where the appt came back as SC which is 150 mile. I cancelled the appt and requested Mobile Tech again. This time they scheduled the Mobile Tech.

If you actually reach someone at a SC over the phone, go buy a lottery ticket before your luck runs out. It's happened for me like, maybe 5% of the time? Usually if I have something urgent I just go there in person, I'm very fortunate that it's like 8 mi away

Reactions: cybergates
This has been my experience with Tesla's energy products. Dealing with their customer service requires large quantities of alcohol. (For the customers, that is. Exactly how much alcohol Tesla's service personnel are consuming remains a mystery, although I suspect there are many empty Heinekens on the ground in their call centers. But at least, that would explain the level of "service" that one encounters with Tesla.)

Fruitcake
I guess that's why Tesla are going to start brewing beer, cut out the middle man 🍻

#rant

service still sucks so bad (So Cali)

1) dealer is 30 miles away. No one ever picks up a phone, now they've even removed the ph# from the invoice, called national # transferred 3 times no one of course picks up (before 5p)
2) they didn't even fix one of the complaints said they didn't find the problem - which is fine....BUT
3) its friday night, 6:30pm. I've been racking my brains out since 3:30 pm to see if I can get my car, since the final bill isn't ready and it's still stuck at estimate approved yet it says ready for pickup. Am I picking it up for free, or am I going to have to drive 30 miles one way to find out I can't get my car. I work 80 hours next week and need my car and no one is of course available and closed saturday and I have to be at work 7am on monday in a different direction 30 miles away.

service is so bad coming from a lexus or bmw or any car for that matter.....
i hope someone from tesla reads this

It's not the service centers fault i'm sure, elon runs the service side so lean - no loaners, just uber credits which feels unsafe riding with someone during covid for the past 2 yrs for 30 miles each way. (I love uber but now is not the time). This is a luxury car, loaners shouldn't be that hard - more tesla brand recognition.

And come on, lets improve service??? This from a CEO who is one of the richest people in the world. I love tesla but service just blows.

When you make a service appointment it will tell you if mobile service is available. If it didn't originally, why did you think it wasn't at the service center. I understand they changed the date, which is proudly because they had an opening and got the part in early. But I'm a little confused.

Dealing with their any customer service requires large quantities of alcohol.

I literally told a Verizon CS rep I was drinking bourbon and the longer the call went, the worse it would be for everyone ...

"THAT'S IT, ON THE LIST, YOU'RE ON THE LIST!!!"

"Sir, I'm not following, what list? Is your phone activated?"

"THIS IS NOT ABOUT MY TELEPHONE, IT IS NOT RINGING ... WHAT'S YOUR NAME???"

It's not the service centers fault i'm sure, elon runs the service side so lean - no loaners, just uber credits which feels unsafe riding with someone during covid for the past 2 yrs for 30 miles each way. (I love uber but now is not the time). This is a luxury car, loaners shouldn't be that hard - more tesla brand recognition.

And come on, lets improve service??? This from a CEO who is one of the richest people in the world. I love tesla but service just blows.

I actually think it’s VERY highly dependent on the actual service center. I’ve got 4 of them fairly close to me, and they’re all slightly different in how they run. That said - I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them. Quick communications, attention to details, etc.

It’s all about the management of the centers. If they’re well organized, all is good. If not ……

• Informative
Reactions: cybergates
#rant

service still sucks so bad (So Cali)

1) dealer is 30 miles away. No one ever picks up a phone, now they've even removed the ph# from the invoice, called national # transferred 3 times no one of course picks up (before 5p)
2) they didn't even fix one of the complaints said they didn't find the problem - which is fine....BUT
3) its friday night, 6:30pm. I've been racking my brains out since 3:30 pm to see if I can get my car, since the final bill isn't ready and it's still stuck at estimate approved yet it says ready for pickup. Am I picking it up for free, or am I going to have to drive 30 miles one way to find out I can't get my car. I work 80 hours next week and need my car and no one is of course available and closed saturday and I have to be at work 7am on monday in a different direction 30 miles away.

service is so bad coming from a lexus or bmw or any car for that matter.....
i hope someone from tesla reads this

Update: i kept replying ?helllo or is anyone there in the app --- and actually at 7:30pm!! on a Friday they replied back that they were still trying to figure out the clicking noise that I had complained of and they found the problem and sure enough it is resolved (lubricated axle shafts which I've seen in other posts). So in the end they did a great job but had me on edge for several hours.....they did apologize for not communicating sooner - I was afraid everyone left for the weeknd at 5pm but I guess that was not the case and they said actually they are working Saturday as well to catch up on work orders still even though officially no saturday appts.