Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deals to be done with Tesla on inventory Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering what the consensus is on whether there will be any flexibility on pricing for inventory stock Tesla are showing?

I want a Model X, black, standard wheels, 7 seat with white interior. I don't really need or want the full self driving capability however they are showing one available in inventory for £99,290 whereas if I ordered one with the same spec it would be £97,840. Why this discrepancy?

Ideally I'd get the same spec without the self driving at £92,040, but I'd rather not wait either.

So the question is do you think there will be flexibility on pricing for inventory models?

Unless you are desperate for a car I would suggest waiting to see how demand effects prices, and see if Tesla comes under pressure to reduce prices to make Q2 figures look better.

Tesla have a track record of doing some big price 'adjustments' for inventory cars come end of Quarter push.

Bare in mind our X cost £71k in 2016, and battery prices have got cheaper since than. At £90k+ these cars are cash cows for Tesla, so if they wanted to there is plenty of room for lowering the price, but if Tesla are willing to lower the price is a different question all together.

They won't haggle and in my experience they typically wont "throw in any incentives/accessories" either.
Your best bet for price is to play the end-of-quarter lottery. Prices will usually drop on inventory then if they want to shift it,
The gamble being how long you wait for prices to inch down vs somebody else nabbing it.

Thanks both - presumably I then need to arrange the finance myself etc (I'm going to be leasing as we have our own business).

Am I right in thinking that Q2 is to end of June as they are a US company that goes Jan - Dec for reporting purposes?

Thanks both - presumably I then need to arrange the finance myself etc (I'm going to be leasing as we have our own business).

Am I right in thinking that Q2 is to end of June as they are a US company that goes Jan - Dec for reporting purposes?

You can do your own finance usually but always best to check with your provider. Tesla have no issues in you transfering your reservation.

Yes it's the end of June. You'll want to be reviewing inventory all time and don't hesitate if you see one.

They say the £100 is non refundable however you have your 14 days in law. I had no problems getting mine back.

Good luck

Wondering what the consensus is on whether there will be any flexibility on pricing for inventory stock Tesla are showing?

I want a Model X, black, standard wheels, 7 seat with white interior. I don't really need or want the full self driving capability however they are showing one available in inventory for £99,290 whereas if I ordered one with the same spec it would be £97,840. Why this discrepancy?

Ideally I'd get the same spec without the self driving at £92,040, but I'd rather not wait either.

So the question is do you think there will be flexibility on pricing for inventory models?
As with many of these things, the best thing you can do is call up and ask them! Unlikely to haggle on price, but they will almost certainly give you an explanation to the price discrepancy. They will also be able to talk you through taking FSD off.

I think when you spec’d it you didn’t tap the interior option to change from black to white.

• Funny
Reactions: Joelly