Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dear Elon: Please reconsider and take Tesla private

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Completed the Maxwell merger that should create a path for improved battery performance at reduced cost
  • Easily raised $2.4B in convertible notes and stock
  • Closed a deal with FCA that will net $2B for emissions credits

These three recent events are important. Each of these requires advisors to 1) Maxwell, 2) the underwriters, 3) FCA, to each get confidential TSLA information and do their due diligence before advising their clients on going forward with the transaction with TSLA. And they all went through with it.

That is evidence that the fundamentals are sound and there is no ticking bomb about to go off -- at least nothing that was uncovered in due dili.

As for going private, or going dark, I think those have serious obstacles -- and while I don't have a final or even fully informed opinion about it, my partially informed opinion is that staying public and just concentrating on executing (and ignoring short interest) is the best path forward. But appreciate the discussion.

I stumbled upon a Tesla customer experiencing a glitch in Tesla accepting payment for a new sale who was immediatel descended upon by a flock of short-selling jackals encouraging her to cancel her order. Tisha Shuffield on Twitter Totally disgusting behavior.

I understand the theoretical arguments in favor of short selling, but from what I have seen from years as a shareholder in the most shorted stock in the country, any abstract, theoretical benefits of short selling are far outweighed by the blatant manipulation of the stock and incentives shorting creates to try to inflict harm on a business. What a colossal waste of resources, creating no value whatsoever.

Tesla would be so much better off as a private company, with no short-selling and more patient shareholders who understand that ludicrous growth can have bumps, but pays off in the long run.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Electroman
I stumbled upon a Tesla customer experiencing a glitch in Tesla accepting payment for a new sale who was immediatel descended upon by a flock of short-selling jackals encouraging her to cancel her order. Tisha Shuffield on Twitter Totally disgusting behavior.

I understand the theoretical arguments in favor of short selling, but from what I have seen from years as a shareholder in the most shorted stock in the country, any abstract, theoretical benefits of short selling are far outweighed by the blatant manipulation of the stock and incentives shorting creates to try to inflict harm on a business. What a colossal waste of resources, creating no value whatsoever.

Tesla would be so much better off as a private company, with no short-selling and more patient shareholders who understand that ludicrous growth can have bumps, but pays off in the long run.
Elon has a plan to put shorts on the soup kitchen line, don’t you worry. He hates shorts more than anything in this world. Burning shorts to him is probably the same dopamine rush as building a Mars base