Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starship - Dear Moon (Yusaku Maezawa) - Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tim Dodd the 'Everyday Astronaut" is going around the moon. Not figuratively or poetically, but literally. He has been chosen as one of the 4 (or 8?) crew members of 'Dear Moon' expedition.

Oh Wow! Talk about having your dream fulfilled! Remember Tim's early schtick of wearing a spacesuit? This is like a pulp fiction novel come to life.

In fact, it is exactly like that: Robert Heinlein's Have Spacesuit Will Travel opens with the protagonist being a younger version of Tim, doing all sorts of enthusiastic crazy things to win a trip to space. He ends up with a consolation price of winning a used spacesuit. Later on, out of the blue, he ends up going to space for real.

Congrats to Tim, and this is quite the motivational story about following your dreams and see where they'll take you!

More details about the crew mission. SpaceX claim for 2023 launch is ludicrous. 2026 maybe.

Reactions: Grendal
Tim Dodd is going! Wow he must be stoked. And yes, this mission is certainly not happening in 2023.

Joining Maezawa, Aoki and Dodd will be Czech multidisciplinary artist Yemi A.D., Irish photographer Rhiannon Adam, photographer Karim Iliya, Indian actor Dev Joshi, documentary filmmaker Brendan Hall and South Korean rapper Choi Seung Hyun, who goes by the stage name T.O.P.
1E0B42C1-2ED3-455D-A147-37871BC26FFE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I came across The Everyday Astronaut when he had a couple thousand subscribers. I watched his transition to doing the play by plays on launches. Then he started doing the deep dive pieces into rocketry. He went ballistic after his first Elon interview. I really enjoyed his hanging out Our Ludicrous Future stream with Teslanomics Ben Sullins and Joe Scott. Now he has hit the very big time and gets a trip around the Moon. How cool is that?

Reactions: 808? and SwTslaGrl

More details about the crew mission. SpaceX claim for 2023 launch is ludicrous. 2026 maybe.
It's definitely aggressive.

Not sure that 2026 isn't a bit pessimistic, however...

Reactions: Grendal