TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dear Trolls....Tesla's X is a refined vehicle and fit/finish matches the best

Discussion in 'Model X' started by X Fan, Jul 1, 2018.

1. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Picked up my 2nd, 103xxx X yesterday. Another 6 seater but now with a center console.
    New cream/wood finish is sharp looking and seats are fantastic (although I miss the active spoiler). FWD doors operate as designed and new latches on front doors are noticeable.

There were No punch list items and fit/finish was superb..it was even better than my wife's recent BMW X3 purchase.

Only itches are the "nag" frequency of new SW and First Gen Wall Connector compatibility both of which I presume will be fixed by future SW fixes.

Pictures to follow shortly......

• Like x 6
    • Love x 5
    • Disagree x 1
  2. McManX

McManX Member

Congrats on the second X, I will be doing the same soon. RIP active spoiler. :(

I am unaware of this, please explain.

3. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

I have a 2017 X 100D now after the deer incident with my 2016 X 90D. I'm very happy with the quality of it.

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

• Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  5. alcibiades

alcibiades Member

How much stock do you own?

• Funny x 6
    • Disagree x 5
  6. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Here's a couple...it was raining in Dania Beach yesterday & been raining a bunch in Naples so could only find a couple good ones.

btw: dark wheels looks really good and a great match for white....Blue has silver.....

Getting it wrapped and coated tomorrow....did that with our blue one and was worth it both in protection but also ease of cleaning...... IMG_5641.JPG IMG_5642.JPG

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  7. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

What specs u get ?

• Disagree x 1
  8. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Kind of arrogant title...so if someone has issues at delivery, they’re automatically a troll?

I had about 20-30 items on my 2016 X at delivery. Which developed to quite a bit more after some driving. Resulted in 100 days at SC out of first 180 days of ownership, eventually bought back.

My second mid 2017 X had about 10-15 issues that I checked in advance at a pre delivery inspection a week before scheduled delivery. And 3-4 even on delivery

To day I’ve had something like 16 SC visits for around 43 items total on just over a year of ownership. By now most of the issues are resolved and the car is a lot better.

But to call someone a “troll” for having issues....won’t say more.

Do hope you have a better experience though!

• Like x 10
    • Love x 1
  9. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Not really. but the "trolls" have called people who had no issues at delivery "fanboys" so it goes both ways.

• Like x 6
    • Disagree x 4
  10. Tobz

Tobz Member

I just got mine on Friday, 2018 75D, 102xxx VIN.

After reading of all the issues online and a lot of people saying the interior is sub par for a luxury car, I was extremely happy with the vehicle.

Only real issue is front right panel gap with the bumper, but very very minor. Rest of the car was excellent. Also the interior is up there among the best, especially when compared to the Mecan or Cayenne. I am very very happy and rate the interior on par with my old Audi S5.

Not sure why people are not classing this as a luxury vehicle, maybe luxury vehicles in their head need 100 buttons instead of the nice touchscreen?

It’s not S class merc luxury, but definitely E class merc

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. PhatCat

PhatCat Kisco Kid

i have reread the OP several times and can't see where it was said that anyone who had delivery issues is a troll. In fact, OP only talked about his positive experience.

As Carly Simon sang: "You probably think this song is about you."

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  12. Sonic_78

Sonic_78 Member

congratulations on your new X. We picked up ours less than a month ago and are overall very pleased with only one unresolved issue. Passanged FWD pours a cup of water into the back seat when opened in the rain (the upper door seal is smooshed and blocks the water capture). SC says they can replicate the issue but can do nothing about it. Without that the car would be perfect. So, overall pleased.

13. Nerdy_Engineer

Nerdy_Engineer Brett - The Nerdy Engineer

That's weird. I've heard other people with the same issue and the service center either realigned the seals or replaced them depending on what was needed. Try pushing the service center to replace the seals if you have the issue again. It looks like you're in Chicago, there are a couple of different service centers there. You could always try calling another service center.

• Like x 1
  14. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Thank you for pointing that out.........

• Like x 2
  15. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Some additional photos of new BMW X3 & the X.....Tesla is every bit as good as BMW and it's more impressive given the structural differences of a FWD solution.

I see so many posts touting the wonder of BMW, Lexus, Mercedes and FWIW for the X, Tesla has now engineered/produced a vehicle that is in their class.

IMG_5657.JPG IMG_5658.JPG IMG_5659.JPG IMG_5655.JPG IMG_5656.JPG

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  16. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

A friend of ours has an X3 and it looks very dated sat next to a Model X. To be fair, he's had a good ownership experience with BMW, but he's now considering a Model X to replace it. The last new BMW I bought was in 2002 and the build quality was actually terrible. It had so many interior trim rattles and squeaks I got rid of it within 9 months as it was driving me insane. I spent a few weeks driving the current 5 series and that was much better, but nothing special like the Model X. I hated the iDrive infotainment interface too - an ergonomic disaster IMHO!

• Like x 1
  17. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

I'm pretty sure he was referring to those trolls who don't even own a Model X and have no intention of ever buying one, but nevertheless like to discuss how many faults they have and tell everyone on the forum how ugly they think it is, etc.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

Man i can't wait to get out of my early VIN X...006XXX! i will miss the active spoiler and cooled seats but seriously the new X's are soooooo nice!

also it appears the newer X's have lighter window tint on the back windows than the earlier ones? can somebody measure and confirm?

• Like x 1
  19. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Non-performance with every other option except went with standard tires (better ride for my longer trips).

Even took a flyer on self driving although the logical side of me says we’re still years away.

20. sw4819284

sw4819284 Member

Ours is an S, not X, but I can second the great initial quality. Ours had two very small issues, and I think the production quality of our new Tesla is easily as good as (or better than) any other car we've ever bought. Took delivery on June 22 2018.

• Like x 1