Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Death rattle fix estimate cost for a 2020 LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've grown pretty frustrated with my "death rattle." Have had car booked at SC twice, each time in part to show them the rattle issue. In both instances, the car was silent with tech in car. I did have an iphone recording of the rattle to show them at my second appointment, but they didn't care. If car isn't making the sound when it's at SC, they disregard it. Since last visit, the sound has come and gone. I really think it's more likely to happen in cooler weather. Really annoying to have this on a newer car!

FWIW, when I had a previous (different) issue that never seemed to reproduce when I took it into the service center, the tech there said that next time this happened to use the voice command and report a bug. They said that as part of the bug report process, the car would record a bunch of extra logs with various system statuses that the service center could then retrieve next time you come in. Not sure if it would work for this noise issue, but worth a try.

My car is in service right now. I have a rattle, but totally different issue. They called me and said it would be $380 to diagnose the rattle - $175, and the rest for shop time. After putting up a huge stink and calling them crazy to want to charge me to look at a car under warranty, I worked my way up the chain. The manager called me back and said "no problem", we will fix it.

This is insane.

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
I brought in 2 times , the last time they send the statement which have that diagnostic fee, but at the end they could not reproduce the sound, and they did not charge the fee. And i talked to 1 of the tech , he told me the problem can be fix follow by the service bulletin , but eventually its come back. So i dont bother it.