Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debadge fans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Debadged the “dual motor” and covered the logo in vinyl. I’ve done this on most of my previous cars and much prefer the cleaner look. Anyone else done the same?
2272CB63-4458-4717-9F4B-C4C6A15AD13B.jpeg

IMO you don't need polish/pad. The car is brand new so the paint underneath should match. Goo gone / some detail spray should have it looking just fine without shadowing. At least it does on mine. Took 10 minutes total.

I agree, the polishing is more important on an older car. I have done this to most new cars I get and the heat and floss with goo gone or a plastic razor blade and goo gone works great, followed by a quick wash of the area to remove goo gone and some quick detailer.

It seems the "newer" MY's dont have the holes. I've seen some posts about VINs 15XXX and higher not having them with pics to prove. If you were one of the first rounds of delivery you probably have them, later probably not. only one way to tell...

It seems the "newer" MY's dont have the holes. I've seen some posts about VINs 15XXX and higher not having them with pics to prove. If you were one of the first rounds of delivery you probably have them, later probably not. only one way to tell...

I found out that my 2012 Prius had turn signal cutouts under the front fender badges that weren't there on my 2006 and 2010. Surprise!! Had to put the badge back on.

I debadged, but then rebadged the "T" on the frunk/hatch. I left off the Dual Motor and underline.

I think the "T" is classy, and without it, it looks kind of plain. The DUALMOTOR is just too much badging for me. It looks so much cleaner without.

Nobody even knows what that means, unless you also have a MY or know about the car. If you really want to know, hopefully the 21" ubers and red calipers will give it away.

Reactions: Mod Y Guy
I debadged, but then rebadged the "T" on the frunk/hatch. I left off the Dual Motor and underline.

I think the "T" is classy, and without it, it looks kind of plain. The DUALMOTOR is just too much badging for me. It looks so much cleaner without.

Nobody even knows what that means, unless you also have a MY or know about the car. If you really want to know, hopefully the 21" ubers and red calipers will give it away.

Same here. Debadged entirely and now am rebadging the front with an OEM “T” painted satin black.
Leaving trunk nude.
AA964290-0615-4B84-897B-0F66EDD9976B.jpeg

Reactions: GOFORIT5