TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Debadged P3D on delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Laver, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Laver

Laver Member

Have delivery date set for my P3D next week (posted details in other threads).

Just got confirmation today that they’ll be able to deliver it debadged (and give me badging for later).

Getting excited now for my white ‘sleeper’!

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Love x 1
  2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Your red brakes will give it away lol :eek:

• Like x 1
  3. Laver

Laver Member

Nope, P3D non perf upgrade running on Aero wheels. I believe they have standard brakes.

• Like x 4
  4. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

Does the P3D in your title mean 'premium Model 3 Dual motor" or "Performance Model 3 Dual motor"? Typically, it's the latter, which would have red brakes.

5. Laver

Laver Member

Performance Model 3 Dual Motor, no additional performance upgrade pack. That upgrade included 20” wheels, brakes, spoiler, etc. I believe that this package also had the red calipers.

I’ll have the “Dual Motor” badge provided separately and not applied to my car on delivery.

6. lairdb

lairdb Member

Curious to see if you get "Dual Motor" or "Dual Motor".

7. Laver

Laver Member

Almost certain it’ll be Dual Motor, but will report back on Thursday (after my wife drags me out of the car).

• Funny x 1
  8. Buy PV

Buy PV New Member

Awesome! Congrats! When did you place your order? I am ordering same configuration as you, except midnight silver. Will look exactly like my current early VIN RWD 3. Just one will be a little faster ;-) .

• Like x 1
  9. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

We think the red brakes only come with the Performance Upgrade Package... But we don't know for sure yet.

10. outie

outie Active Member

Only $5k package has the upgraded brake in red for sure, and it doesn't fit the 18" wheels (as reported by some members being told by ISA, supervisors etc. but who knows). However whether the "standard" brake on Performance model without $5k performance package comes with red caliper is unknown.

• Informative x 1
  11. Laver

Laver Member

Placed June 27th

12. kaihanga

kaihanga New Member

AWD gets Dual Motor while P-AWD gets Dual Motor.

13. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Yes. We know for sure.

14. JulienW

JulienW Member

The calipers will NOT fit with the 18" wheels. Also it is clearly stated on the order site.

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 9.29.44 AM.png

15. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

not sure if someone needs a "sleeper" car when the awake car already does 0 to 60 in less than 5 seconds. Together with the instant torque as well as the 10-20mph rollout you will have a far quicker car than any other one....

16. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

That’s lame so u have to pay $5k to get the extra top end speed as well ?? So don’t understand why Tesla will make two tiers of performance 3 ...I understand the aesthetic stuff

17. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

Lots of reasons/theories about what happened - original mention of the performance version had all the now-$5k upgrades and the price was higher. Having a price < $78? or so fully optioned is one plausible reason. Having supply issues with the brakes, etc is another good reason to split them..

The $5k included 20"rim + brakes, trim bits and the +10 top speed but seriously outside a track (in the US anyway) 145 vs 155 is mostly bragging rights, yes?

• Informative x 1
  18. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean that the cars without the performance upgrade package don't come with standard brakes/calipers that have been painted red.

19. outie

outie Active Member

The member who took delivery of one confirmed it's not painted red.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. OmahaG8

OmahaG8 Member

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills when I pop in this thread.

Do you want the cool stuff? Spend 5k

Do you not want the cool stuff? Don’t spent 5k

Tesla is not doing any mix-and-matching of cool stuff without spending 5k

• Like x 2