Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debating between PPF options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I just got a tesla model 3 and I’m debating between PPF options. Here are the 4 options I’m debating between:

Partial front is $850

Full front is $1500

Full front + rockers (just below the door) is $2000

Full front + rockers + just above wheels and other (shown below) is $2500

paint-protection_track.jpg

What is impacted the most and would be most worth it?

Note: this is for a model 3, the website shows a model S for their demos

Congrats @OliverD on your M3! It truly is a personal decision--I am considering (cost TBD) front bumper, hood, lights and side view mirrors. IMHO, these are the minimum areas to consider; the rest of the body is bonus...and if you have the funds to do so. ;)
Thank you 😃

Is that considered full front?

I was leaning towards doing this at $1499 since it’s kind of the most extra I wanted to spend:

paint-protection_frontend.jpg

Hi all,

I just got a tesla model 3 and I’m debating between PPF options. Here are the 4 options I’m debating between:

Partial front is $850

Full front is $1500

Full front + rockers (just below the door) is $2000

Full front + rockers + just above wheels and other (shown below) is $2500

paint-protection_track.jpg

What is impacted the most and would be most worth it?

Note: this is for a model 3, the website shows a model S for their demos
So I just picked up my MYP June 18th and had a full body clear "Prism" wrap put on by the amazing guys at TintPros. My car is Metalic Blue so the color shifts from deep blue to deep purple depending on viewing angle. See attached. Hmm.... Deep Purple would be a great name for a rock band!
Anyway, the last two pics were taken as it was being worked on. It is an awesome look.

Attachments

• 20220709_180843.jpg
    20220709_180843.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 20220709_180412.jpg
    20220709_180412.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 20220709_055323.jpg
    20220709_055323.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 20220705_143611.jpg
    20220705_143611.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 102
Consider liquid PPFing the whole car or most of the panels... cost is usually about half of the equivalent film PPF, good quality wrap with the end result just as good if not better. Self-healing properties, can be coated, polished, conpounded even wet sanded if need be and similar on-car durability.

Look for shops that do AutoFlex Express, Liquid Shield, etc.

Digging that Deep Purple, prism Y above.

So I just picked up my MYP June 18th and had a full body clear "Prism" wrap put on by the amazing guys at TintPros. My car is Metalic Blue so the color shifts from deep blue to deep purple depending on viewing angle. See attached. Hmm.... Deep Purple would be a great name for a rock band!
Anyway, the last two pics were taken as it was being worked on. It is an awesome look.
The "funny" is for the Deep Purple comment, not the wrap job. The color-shift wrap looks friggin' awesome!

Reactions: tmruwart
I put 3m Scotchgard pro ppf on my hood, bumper, front fenders, A pillars. I installed myself. It's been about three years. I live in the NYC area so we have the winters and bad roads thing.

My doors and rocker panels are unprotected and still look great actually. I do have the Tesla mud flaps though. So no I don't think PPF on the whole car is worth it unless you want a color change.

My hood and front bumper even with PPF just look ok after the years. What all the PPF sales people in the forums don't say is that you still get some rock chips right through it. I've got a good amount. I would say yes it helps and definitely stops that sandblasting effect you get from highway salt/sand but don't expect a miracle with rock chips. If you think about it. A tiny pebble hitting your hood at 70mph is not going to be stopped by 14mil of urethane. That force is going somewhere.

Reactions: tmruwart and KenC
Agreed. If I did just clear PPF then I would have done only the parts of the car that were most likely to be affected.
However, that deep blue to deep purple¹ visual effect was too cool to pass up. :^)

¹I still think Deep Purple would make a great name for a rock band ;^)

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Agreed. If I did just clear PPF then I would have done only the parts of the car that were most likely to be affected.
However, that deep blue to deep purple¹ visual effect was too cool to pass up. :^)

¹I still think Deep Purple would make a great name for a rock band ;^)

Yes your color change prism PPF looks amazing. I've been looking into it myself because seeing the same Tesla colors daily is getting boring.

Reactions: tmruwart