Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debating dark ash vs. CF trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have ordered the blue metallic paint and ultra white seats, but am struggling with the trim decision. Does anyone have a good photo of the dark ash trim from the reveal event? An advantage for CF would be the ability to match aftermarket accessories and wraps. Confirm date is tomorrow.

Fun/Interactive Model X Animation

Here is a frame grab of the animation posted here. This is my choice.

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 4.03.58 PM.jpg

I agonized over the exact same decision. I ordered Red + Ultra white interior + Carbon Fiber. The Ash is very dark and glossy (similar to what piano black used to be). Tesla sales rep said that CF is the most popular choice in the Model S, so I went with that. CF seems a little more modern. The Ash seems more classic. Go with the type of style that fits the look you're going for. You can't go wrong either way.

I'm considering exactly the same exterior and interior colors. My top trim choices are also CF and dark ash. My S has CF trim which is sporty and modern but I feel the dark ash may have a more luxury look. The X is wife's car she may prefer luxury than sporty. The difference with X is the trim is also applied to the door panels and more visible. I won't be able to make the decision until we looked at the dark ash in person but looking at the picture above I do feel CF might be a better match for the interior color theme unless the dark ash is real dark.

I'm considering exactly the same exterior and interior colors. My top trim choices are also CF and dark ash. My S has CF trim which is sporty and modern but I feel the dark ash may have a more luxury look. The X is wife's car she may prefer luxury than sporty. The difference with X is the trim is also applied to the door panels and more visible. I won't be able to make the decision until we looked at the dark ash in person but looking at the picture above I do feel CF might be a better match for the interior color theme unless the dark ash is real dark.
The Dark Ash is definitely real dark. Almost piano black. It also has a shiny finish. The trim in the simulated X is figured ash which has a more matte finish.

I ended up going with CF. Eventually, we may get an aftermarket 2nd row console, and it will probably be easier to match carbon fiber than the dark ash.

Final Build:
P90D
AP
Blue metallic paint
6 seats
Ultra white seats
CF trim
20" silver wheels
High fidelity audio upgrade
Towing package