Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DEC 2014 P85D+ W/Ludicrous & MCU2 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I am testing the waters with either selling or trading for a potential Model X with more than 5 seats with some cash on top.

Curious what the forum sees the value of this vehicle is worth. I have thick skin haha, but I at least know it is worth more than 35K (76Kmiles) private sale, because Tesla trade in told me so haha.

The vehicle has:
- Free Unlimited Supercharging
- Internet connectivity
- Ludicrous+ mode upgrade (10K)
- MCU2 Upgrade
- Sunroof
- Door handles and trim 3M wrapped Black and Metallic.
-Drive unit and Battery warranty until DEC 2022
- I will post the Vehicle configuration

Tesla Vehicle Configuration.JPG
20200724_200007.jpg
20200724_200000.jpg

$Infinity +1
As in a greater than infinite amount of money. Sorry I was trying to be funny and failed.
Maybe the $ would have helped.

Oh well.

In seriousness some feel like these more unusual cars, especially with Ludicrous, are worth $50k so long as you are willing to wait for the right buyer. While I might be inclined to go that route cars are generally depreciating assets, unless they are a collectors item. Is this a collectors item, the mileage is probably a bit high for that. In general, who knows, this car market is insane, Carvana might even offer you 40k for it.

In normal times, maybe as soon as this winter, it will be tough to get a dealer to offer 30K for it due to it's age. In other words, who knows!

The pictures make this look like a nice example, so if you want to deal with selling it your self and taking your time, go for 50K and see what happens. If you are in a hurry, put it up for 40K or a bit more than the dealers offer, and watch it fly!

Reactions: KryoPhoenix209
$Infinity +1
As in a greater than infinite amount of money. Sorry I was trying to be funny and failed.
Maybe the $ would have helped.

Oh well.

In seriousness some feel like these more unusual cars, especially with Ludicrous, are worth $50k so long as you are willing to wait for the right buyer. While I might be inclined to go that route cars are generally depreciating assets, unless they are a collectors item. Is this a collectors item, the mileage is probably a bit high for that. In general, who knows, this car market is insane, Carvana might even offer you 40k for it.

In normal times, maybe as soon as this winter, it will be tough to get a dealer to offer 30K for it due to it's age. In other words, who knows!

The pictures make this look like a nice example, so if you want to deal with selling it your self and taking your time, go for 50K and see what happens. If you are in a hurry, put it up for 40K or a bit more than the dealers offer, and watch it fly!
You're good! In all honesty I'm slightly tired, but I do understand your point. I figure if I posted here I would get a general consensus of what the price should be.

A very similar one (with ludicrous) was listed locally for $41k and sold immediately. Had 50k miles if I recall. I think it was a little underpriced since I tried seeing it on day 2 and it was sold already.

A few questions people will ask.
1. Range @ 100%
2. Have supercharger speeds been limited?
3. Any warranty work done? Door handles is a common replacement.

I may be interested.

A very similar one (with ludicrous) was listed locally for $41k and sold immediately. Had 50k miles if I recall. I think it was a little underpriced since I tried seeing it on day 2 and it was sold already.

A few questions people will ask.
1. Range @ 100%
2. Have supercharger speeds been limited?
3. Any warranty work done? Door handles is a common replacement.

I may be interested.
Hello McMoo,

1)~245 100% according to Tesla app
2) Initially it was limited, however when at a low SOC with a recent update it now starts back at 118KWH (I have a picture if needed)
3) Door handles have been replaced and the new MCU upgrade.