TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dec 31st long shot - inventory car, can I get it today?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mac9500, Dec 31, 2019.

1. mac9500

mac9500 New Member

I saw the car I wanted in inventory on the Tesla website. Website says "Fremont - Direct Delivery." I know this is a long shot, but if I pay the $100 online, any chance I can pick the car up today in Fremont if I pay for it 100% in person after the $100 deposit? It's a little past 3pm Pacific time right now.

• Funny x 1
  2. boriszima

boriszima Member

Maybe call Tesla first to see what they say. You have a very very small chance. Better than lottery but less than flipping a coin.

3. yoshi10

yoshi10 Member

It’s only a 100 bucks. Just book it and then head on over.

• Like x 1
  4. Evergreeen

Evergreeen Member

Go to the store I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to boost the q4 sales

5. Rogue Synapse

Rogue Synapse Member

6. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

I bet if he was flexible, they will get him in one tonight.

7. Sherlo

Sherlo Member

I agree. Would bet there will be at least one left over car at the end of this evening. Tempted to drive over and strike a deal ;)

8. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

NO DEALS!

• Funny x 2
  9. laketica

laketica Member

I am too late in answering this... but I bought an inventory car on 12/30 at 9pm and took delivery less than 24 hours later. This is after I waited 7 weeks for an SR+ that wasn’t gonna come by EOY, so I took a LR AWD instead. I purchased it on the site instead of asking my SA to change my existing order cuz I was afraid it would get taken.

• Like x 2
  10. Matt L

Matt L Active Member

Most importantly...you happy?

11. laketica

laketica Member

@Matt L totally happy ^^ very glad I went for the LR AWD, cuz who knows when they SR+ would come... and I think going LR AWD was a good investment in the long run. After they buffed out what they could in the paint, I’m left with maybe two or three minor things but I don’t think it’s worth repainting panels just for that, might just make things worse. Haha.

12. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Worse is a possibility with pearl colors. They are hard to match and there are up to 3 layers to get right.

• Helpful x 1
  13. mac9500

mac9500 New Member

Saw pics of the really long lines and decided not to go for it, especially not being sure that the car would even be available. I regret it a little since I heard stories of being offered alternates to folks in line.