Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dec 31st long shot - inventory car, can I get it today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mac9500

Dec 24, 2019
CA
I saw the car I wanted in inventory on the Tesla website. Website says "Fremont - Direct Delivery." I know this is a long shot, but if I pay the $100 online, any chance I can pick the car up today in Fremont if I pay for it 100% in person after the $100 deposit? It's a little past 3pm Pacific time right now.

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I am too late in answering this... but I bought an inventory car on 12/30 at 9pm and took delivery less than 24 hours later. This is after I waited 7 weeks for an SR+ that wasn’t gonna come by EOY, so I took a LR AWD instead. I purchased it on the site instead of asking my SA to change my existing order cuz I was afraid it would get taken.

I am too late in answering this... but I bought an inventory car on 12/30 at 9pm and took delivery less than 24 hours later. This is after I waited 7 weeks for an SR+ that wasn’t gonna come by EOY, so I took a LR AWD instead. I purchased it on the site instead of asking my SA to change my existing order cuz I was afraid it would get taken.
Most importantly...you happy?

@Matt L totally happy ^^ very glad I went for the LR AWD, cuz who knows when they SR+ would come... and I think going LR AWD was a good investment in the long run. After they buffed out what they could in the paint, I’m left with maybe two or three minor things but I don’t think it’s worth repainting panels just for that, might just make things worse. Haha.

@Matt L totally happy ^^ very glad I went for the LR AWD, cuz who knows when they SR+ would come... and I think going LR AWD was a good investment in the long run. After they buffed out what they could in the paint, I’m left with maybe two or three minor things but I don’t think it’s worth repainting panels just for that, might just make things worse. Haha.

Worse is a possibility with pearl colors. They are hard to match and there are up to 3 layers to get right.

• Helpful
Reactions: laketica