Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deceleration noise

Jan 17, 2020
St. Petersburg, FL
Follow up on my last post, new 2020 performance S,19s that had frunk detector malfunction at time of delivery along with a few other probs. Still waiting for my SC appointment later this month. Amongst 4 other downstream errors that have accumulated since I scheduled 5 weeks ago, I am starting to hear a progressively worsening decrescendo hum/high pitch sound as the car decelerates, with or without breaking, starting at about 20 mph and slower. Coming from right front wheel complex as best as I can tell. Reminds me of the noice the Star Trek enterprise made when warp drives powered down. It’s getting louder as I put miles on. I suspect this is Normal regen noise but I never had this AT ALL with my 2017 p100d. Anyone have any thoughts? Guess I was spoiled with the truly silent cabin with my last model S. Thanks in advance.
Joe

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC