Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after 48 hrs MY EDD updated back to 05/20 - 06/03. I fell like something is happening to my order. I observed 2 weeks push since April 10. called Tesla and they are saying iam all set on the profile and finance is set to cash.
Do you call your local store? I feel I need to talk to someone and make quadruple sure there's no hold up on my account anywhere.

called Tesla customer service, updated Interior from White to Black and got VIN assigned right away. EDD May 19-23
Awesome! That's great for you. I'm definitely open to switching to white or black, if that would speed things up! My current EDD is first quarter 2023 :eek: Did you call your local store, or is there a main Tesla customer service number?

Awesome! That's great for you. I'm definitely open to switching to white or black, if that would speed things up! My current EDD is first quarter 2023 :eek: Did you call your local store, or is there a main Tesla customer service number?
If your EDD is not until January, there is something wrong. Make sure your profile is complete

It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.

These can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.

I called my local center and had someone really nice on the other end. My profile is complete and at first he tells me it looks like the system may have tried to get a VIN assigned but then couldn't do it, so it pushed me out to the furthest EDD in the system (he preemptively acknowledged that's a bad system to push people out to the end of the queue, even though we're not really at the end of the queue!). He said it likely wouldn't take a year from the OD to deliver a car, but of course, made no promises. He ventured to guess a car could come in September.

It's all speculation at this point but I'm satisfied he confirmed my profile is completed and he was nice, so that made me feel better. Plus there's still a chance I get the vehicle in time for my September family trip! I would really like not to have to travel in a packed sedan with two young kids... but we've done it in the past and if we need to do it again, we'll survive :)

Seeing what is going on in the world right now puts things in perspective, and while Teslas are awesome cars, they are just cars in the end.

(888) 518-3752 -- called this number and asked if any inventory available with my config, they said yes but with black interior and I went for it

Reactions: Stardew and BGOwner
I called my local center and had someone really nice on the other end. My profile is complete and at first he tells me it looks like the system may have tried to get a VIN assigned but then couldn't do it, so it pushed me out to the furthest EDD in the system (he preemptively acknowledged that's a bad system to push people out to the end of the queue, even though we're not really at the end of the queue!). He said it likely wouldn't take a year from the OD to deliver a car, but of course, made no promises. He ventured to guess a car could come in September.

It's all speculation at this point but I'm satisfied he confirmed my profile is completed and he was nice, so that made me feel better. Plus there's still a chance I get the vehicle in time for my September family trip! I would really like not to have to travel in a packed sedan with two young kids... but we've done it in the past and if we need to do it again, we'll survive :)

Seeing what is going on in the world right now puts things in perspective, and while Teslas are awesome cars, they are just cars in the end.
imo, Tesla people on call are having the same knowledge like us on EDD. I called every single day starting from 05/02 and each time I had different answer about the date pushed to default (11/2022 - 01/2023)

i just got my VIN and an EDD of May 23-27. I am totally shocked, since it was last showing Jan-April 2023 just a couple of days ago. I ordered in Dec. 2021, grey, black interior, 19” wheels, no extras.
Congratulations. Seems that just before getting a VIN, some peoples EDD jumps all the way out then pops back with a VIN. Sounds like that happened to you.

I have the same config as you, but EDD a few days before. Looks like we may be the same batch.

Reactions: Stardew
Congratulations. Seems that just before getting a VIN, some peoples EDD jumps all the way out then pops back with a VIN. Sounds like that happened to you.

I have the same config as you, but EDD a few days before. Looks like we may be the same batch.
It is a strange system, to have your order jump all the way to the end just before they assign a VIN to you. Deep down I knew the later date wasn’t right and would jump forward again, but wasn’t expecting it so soon. Now I’m rushing to get the home charging installed. Yes, we have exactly the same configuration, let’s hope it’s a good batch!

Reactions: BGOwner
i just got my VIN and an EDD of May 23-27. I am totally shocked, since it was last showing Jan-April 2023 just a couple of days ago. I ordered in Dec. 2021, grey, black interior, 19” wheels, no extras.
Hey, you got my car :D congratulations! You give me hope about my VIN being pushed out so far. Let us know when you pick it up. Enjoy the ride!