Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would really love the matrix headlights. I’m guessing I’ll get an Austin build since I’m in NY. Would be great if Austin starts installing them too.
If the change is just temporary due to supply (as reported) then I'm not expecting Austin to start using them as they don't currently build MYP so wouldn't have stock of Matrix there already. Of course it is Tesla so anything is possible. I'd expect the new door trim change to show up at Austin very soon.

If the change is just temporary due to supply (as reported) then I'm not expecting Austin to start using them as they don't currently build MYP so wouldn't have stock of Matrix there already. Of course it is Tesla so anything is possible. I'd expect the new door trim change to show up at Austin very soon.
I am taking delivery tomorrow, I will update here

Delivery is tomorrow
Just got a call from Tesla my bumper has paint damage I can still accept delivery but need to submit service appointment for bumper replacement 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😡
Oh no!!! You would think they would catch that earlier. Tesla does many amazing things...but certainly lacks in quality control and customer service. What are you going to do? At least look at it tomorrow first ?

They will just replace the bumper with brand new one in a week or so
Not big deal I guess
Waited 8 months so a week or two is nothing 😏
What color is your car? Your new bumper with new paint will never match your paint on panel. White is the worst color to match others are less noticeable.

Tell them bumper replacement is not enough and they must blend the panels.

Last edited:
What color is your car? Your new bumper with new paint will never match your paint on panel. White is the worst color to match others are less noticeable.

Tell them bumper replacement is not enough and they must blend the panels.
White😳
But the car is still new with fresh paint
Don’t the use same paint code?
do they blend every car panels?🫣
Looks like it’s more on a rear end not front🧐

Last edited:
White😳
But the car is still new with fresh paint
Don’t the use same paint code?
do they blend every car panels?🫣
Looks like it’s more on a rear end not front🧐
Doesn't matter if it's the same paint code. White on plastic vs metal is going to look different. Search this forum and you will see examples. They will need to blend all panel around rear number so the difference in color is gradual and not as noticeable.