Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Little irritated here.
OD 11/19
MYLR
Gray
19” wheels
Black interior
No tow hitch and no FSD
Loan payment
EDD July 2022

Changed to EDD of November 2022 in early December

I changed the I interior to white (website build estimated July) and payment to cash.

Still with EDD of December. I spoke with SA who is also confused.
Just waiting at this point but I remain perplexed.

I ordered my MY on 9/1/2021 and EDD was in December, then it updated to last week of December, then changed to Jan 4 to Feb 1, then back to the last week of December, and now it’s back to any day in January. 😂 after waiting for 4 months I am getting so anxious. Pick up location Los Angeles.

MYP
White on Black
No FSD
No tow hitch

Order Date (OD): 12/18/2021
Profile completed: 12/19/2021
* Used Cash as a placeholder. Will switch to Financing when VIN is assigned.
Pickup location: Plano, TX

Estimated Delivery Date (EDD): Jan 20-Feb 17
VIN : None yet

Order Date; 12-12-2021
EDD; JAN 14 to FEB 11
MYP
MIDNIGHT METALLIC COLOR
TOW HITCH
5 SEAT
BLACK INTERIOR
NO FSD
NO VIN
HOUSTON, TEXAS.
I have same OD 12/12 for MYP but EDD is JAN 24 to FED 21, location VA
I hope maybe we’ll get it from Texas Gigafactory that’s why my EDD is JAN 24 and yours is JAN 14 the extra 10 days for transportation to the East coast.
Just a thought

i ordered a MYP w/tow package on 12/4/2021 and got initial EDD of Feb 2-Mar2.. then in mid dec changed to Jan 11-Feb 8 ..then on Dec 31st changed back to Feb 11-mar 8.. Why they updated it two weeks earlier and then push it back an entire month..

I ordered my current Y LR in mid April and was given a 6 week EDD.
I picked up the car 12 days after placing my order - May 1.
Placed new order for gray/white LR on 12/19 with EDD of July 2022.
Doesn't really matter as I can sell my car to a dealer soon after I get a vin.
BTW... I have gotten offers to sell right now for $10k more than I paid for it 7 months ago.
That's why I decided to move up to a '22. It shouldn't cost me any $$ out of pocket.
Currently has only has 1,200 miles - white/black/gemini.
Where are you getting offfers for 10 k more?? also what do you mean by sell to dealer?

A company called CarbuyerUSA offered me $65,213 for my 2021 Y.
Out the door with tax and tags I paid $55k on May 1.
That offer was about 3 weeks ago, and when I asked for an updated offer
they came down $3,400 saying there was a glut of Tesla's available now.
I'm hoping the supply on hand goes down and offer goes back up.
I think the glut must have been due to end of quarter deliveries and those
guys had to sell their cars before they intended?
Time will tell.

I ordered on Dec 14th.
Model Y LR, Midnight Silver Metallic, 20" Induction wheels, Black interior, 5 seater, with FSD, no tow
Originally my EDD was July, then bumped to Dec 20-31, then they wanted me to schedule a day to pickup between Dec 22-24th. I had them place me on hold until the 1st. Had TBD until last night. EDD is back to July.

If July sticks, I'll have wished I held off on selling my old car. Oh well, we can get by on sharing a single car for a few months.

I ordered on Dec 14th.
Model Y LR, Midnight Silver Metallic, 20" Induction wheels, Black interior, 5 seater, with FSD, no tow
Originally my EDD was July, then bumped to Dec 20-31, then they wanted me to schedule a day to pickup between Dec 22-24th. I had them place me on hold until the 1st. Had TBD until last night. EDD is back to July.

If July sticks, I'll have wished I held off on selling my old car. Oh well, we can get by on sharing a single car for a few months.
My story is very similar to yours. I was pressed by SA and DA to accept Tesla Financing in order for them to get me a VIN. The VIN was assigned the next day, followed by a text message to complete the final steps, and to schedule delivery.
Two days passed, and a msg stated that they anticipate building the car in 2-3 days. The next update stated 1-2 days. The next few days no feedback. Finally, I see that Tesla pulled the VIN and the new EDD is back in July.
I did not expect a bumpy ride but I guess it is what is. I am not in a hurry like some other fellows, I can wait for v2.0.

My story is very similar to yours. I was pressed by SA and DA to accept Tesla Financing in order for them to get me a VIN. The VIN was assigned the next day, followed by a text message to complete the final steps, and to schedule delivery.
Two days passed, and a msg stated that they anticipate building the car in 2-3 days. The next update stated 1-2 days. The next few days no feedback. Finally, I see that Tesla pulled the VIN and the new EDD is back in July.
I did not expect a bumpy ride but I guess it is what is. I am not in a hurry like some other fellows, I can wait for v2.0.
Kind of the opposite boat for me. Similar set up except 19” wheels and white interior but ordered in November - moved from July to December of 2022. Still waiting and hoping it’s just an inaccurate estimation.