Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Model Y LR white on white. 19” wheel on December 5th Florida. Original EDD June then July then all the way out to September-November time. Now today it’s Oct-Jan 23!!! Wth is going on. Basically like if I order one today. Payment cash.

Ordered Model Y LR white on white. 19” wheel on December 5th Florida. Original EDD June then July then all the way out to September-November time. Now today it’s Oct-Jan 23!!! Wth is going on. Basically like if I order one today. Payment cash.
Did you enter a trade in? If so, make sure it didnt expire, they only last 30 days. Set to no Trade in.

Reactions: advocate8
After about a month of EDD being frozen (and 4 days after switching from LR to P), I just got bumped up a month! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I'm currently down a vehicle and hope this trend sticks!
Had my window tighten up by a week this morning. Judging by other threads I need to temper expectations and not believe it until I get a VIN. But this thread has been quiet and I'm happy it didn't get worse. /dances

Had my window tighten up by a week this morning. Judging by other threads I need to temper expectations and not believe it until I get a VIN. But this thread has been quiet and I'm happy it didn't get worse. /dances
1650557945964.png

Reactions: drfickle
When and what did you order?
12/20 To make a long story short, I called my SA right before the 1st quarter push and asked if she could try to find me a car. She wasn't able to at that time. I called and spoke to her again about a week ago and she said she would work on it. Out of nowhere, I got a text today with my VIN and then a follow up call from her saying that she was able to match me with a car. She is amazing!

I ordered Red with black interior & 20" induction wheels. No FSD

Reactions: DerbyCityY
12/20 To make a long story short, I called my SA right before the 1st quarter push and asked if she could try to find me a car. She wasn't able to at that time. I called and spoke to her again about a week ago and she said she would work on it. Out of nowhere, I got a text today with my VIN and then a follow up call from her saying that she was able to match me with a car. She is amazing!

How do you get an SA? I've never received a text from anyone regarding anything about my order. I got a single phone call asking about a trade in, but I am not trading anything in and when I asked about my order, he said he only handled trade ins.

Reactions: Otter2007
How do you get an SA? I've never received a text from anyone regarding anything about my order. I got a single phone call asking about a trade in, but I am not trading anything in and when I asked about my order, he said he only handled trade ins.
I just called my local Tesla dealer. I really lucked out to find someone who actually cared when I explained that I'm desperate for a car.

Damn Man! I'm so happy for you! Wow, I would have never taken the initiative.
Apparently that "meek shall inherit the earth" saying only works after you receive your Tesla.

That is unbelievable! My SA is a complete ghost, and I swear I know more about the ins and outs of all things Tesla than she does. That is really a bombshell. We wait for months, and you walk in and say "I need a car", and bingo...we have one for you. Good for you! Wish we all had connections like that. Maybe one day Telsa's customer service will be on par with its innovation.

That is unbelievable! My SA is a complete ghost, and I swear I know more about the ins and outs of all things Tesla than she does. That is really a bombshell. We wait for months, and you walk in and say "I need a car", and bingo...we have one for you. Good for you! Wish we all had connections like that. Maybe one day Telsa's customer service will be on par with its innovation.
I'm also able to text my SA, and either her, or someone from her team, usually texts me back within 10-15 minutes. Maybe go in and try to talk to a manager and explain your frustration? I was extremely kind when I first reached out and it clearly helped.

Wow, this morning my EDD went from June 06 - July 18 to September 8 - November 3.
Today my EDD went from September 8 - November 3 to June 15 - July 20. Even when it flip-flops back from these "place holder" EDDs it always seems to flop later. At least this time the flop back was only 9 days later and my EDD range still starts in June.

OD: 12/14/21
LR, grey, white interior, Induction, tow hitch, FSD
Fremont pickup

Original estimate July ‘22
EDD: Late December, then Jan- Feb, then End of March, then March to April, then end of April.
Current EDD: April 25-May 9

Still expecting Q3 delivery. Hoping for sooner. Debating upgrading to a P.
Heh, I've been tempted too! The MYLR is beautiful in it's simplicity and I can live with a second off my 0-60 time. A few hundred dollars of accessories and it has most of the features I like. I see you didn't get the 20" either. Remember why you bought the car and walk away from the Kool-Aid. lol

Reactions: oneday
Heh, I've been tempted too! The MYLR is beautiful in it's simplicity and I can live with a second off my 0-60 time. A few hundred dollars of accessories and it has most of the features I like. I see you didn't get the 20" either. Remember why you bought the car and walk away from the Kool-Aid. lol
The inductions should be the 20” while the geminis are the 19”. I had switched to the performance since it was “only” another $3k extra after upgrading to the inductions

EDD moved back to Aug 23 to Oct 18, not sure what is going on.
I'm in the same boat. Mine got pushed back last weekend to Aug11 - Oct6. I had been May or June for the entire Q1 and then boom.

My neighbor gave me a SA number he used to get his car a few months ago when Tesla was pushing dates on them. I'm going to call in mid-May to find out what's going on. I don't need the car until June/July so trying to be patient until then.

Today my EDD went from September 8 - November 3 to June 15 - July 20. Even when it flip-flops back from these "place holder" EDDs it always seems to flop later. At least this time the flop back was only 9 days later and my EDD range still starts in June.
Last night I got a VIN (F425)!?! 1 month 20 days before my most recent EDD starts I got a VIN with an estimated delivery of May 9 - May 13. I am glad to have a VIN, but I still think that this EDD system is broken. I don't know why I received a VIN now, but maybe order date was factored in at the end outside of the normal EDD process?

MYLR | 5 seat | Blue/ Black | 20" |no FSD | no tow | OD 02/2021 | PC 12/02/2021 | Most recent EDD before VIN June 15 - July 20