Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I got a VIN (F425)!?! 1 month 20 days before my most recent EDD starts I got a VIN with an estimated delivery of May 9 - May 13. I am glad to have a VIN, but I still think that this EDD system is broken. I don't know why I received a VIN now, but maybe order date was factored in at the end outside of the normal EDD process?

MYLR | 5 seat | Blue/ Black | 20" |no FSD | no tow | OD 02/2021 | PC 12/02/2021 | Most recent EDD before VIN June 15 - July 20
Or, you got lucky and someone with same config at your DC passed on their VIN. Lucky Break for you.

Reactions: Silence88
Last night I got a VIN (F425)!?! 1 month 20 days before my most recent EDD starts I got a VIN with an estimated delivery of May 9 - May 13. I am glad to have a VIN, but I still think that this EDD system is broken. I don't know why I received a VIN now, but maybe order date was factored in at the end outside of the normal EDD process?

MYLR | 5 seat | Blue/ Black | 20" |no FSD | no tow | OD 02/2021 | PC 12/02/2021 | Most recent EDD before VIN June 15 - July 20
Congratulations!

I just got my VIN this morning as well!

F430
OD: 12/14/21
Pickup: Fremont

Congrats!

Reactions: Silence88
EDD moved back to Aug 23 to Oct 18, not sure what is going on.
A couple days later it moved several months back to Jan 2023 to April 2023. I have no need for a new car at any particular time, so I will just wait. Maybe something better will come up with another EV, or I will lose interest and refuse delivery. Not a big deal either way, but Tesla sucks for giving higher priority to orders with bigger markups and profits, and the lowest priority to orders with minimal profits.

(MYLR/Blu/BLK/19”/No tow/No FSD/ordered and profile complete 12/10/21) EDD moved up to 6/11-7/16 from 7/6-8/14. Just an update for those who are following these things. Contacted my SA and still no deliveries to Santa Fe yet. Home delivery $750 extra or go to Colorado Springs to pick it up. Any opinions out there about home delivery vs. driving 5 hours both ways to get my car? Opinions or experiences as to whether changing from CS to home delivery having an effect on delivery timing?
Enjoy the blog and (most) everyone’s input.

(MYLR/Blu/BLK/19”/No tow/No FSD/ordered and profile complete 12/10/21) EDD moved up to 6/11-7/16 from 7/6-8/14. Just an update for those who are following these things. Contacted my SA and still no deliveries to Santa Fe yet. Home delivery $750 extra or go to Colorado Springs to pick it up. Any opinions out there about home delivery vs. driving 5 hours both ways to get my car? Opinions or experiences as to whether changing from CS to home delivery having an effect on delivery timing?
Enjoy the blog and (most) everyone’s input.
where can you choose where to deliver?

12/20 To make a long story short, I called my SA right before the 1st quarter push and asked if she could try to find me a car. She wasn't able to at that time. I called and spoke to her again about a week ago and she said she would work on it. Out of nowhere, I got a text today with my VIN and then a follow up call from her saying that she was able to match me with a car. She is amazing!

I ordered Red with black interior & 20" induction wheels. No FSD
I ordered the same configuration as you, but on 12/27. And, this morning I checked and my EDD window got updated to May 12-May25.

Maybe they are making a batch of red cars at the same time. 😉

I ordered the same configuration as you, but on 12/27. And, this morning I checked and my EDD window got updated to May 12-May25.

Maybe they are making a batch of red cars at the same time. 😉
I certainly hope that's the case because I ordered the same config on 12/24, but I think there may be other factors involved as well. I imagine geography has something to do with it. In my case, being located on a remote Pacific island doesn't help in me getting a timely delivery... 🤣

I certainly hope that's the case because I ordered the same config on 12/24, but I think there may be other factors involved as well. I imagine geography has something to do with it. In my case, being located on a remote Pacific island doesn't help in me getting a timely delivery... 🤣
Before making Batch of RED they are making Batch of Blue, because my EDD 05/06-05/20 🤣🤣🤣 .... Hope they wont move my EDD this time.

• Funny
Reactions: charlesoris
I ordered in Dec. 2021, MYLR silver black interior 19” wheels, just saw that EDD was pushed to 1/23-4/23. This is the same EDD if I ordered it today. My price is $2 or$3 k lower, this wait is crazy.
I have the same configuration and the same EDD. I ordered mine on 11/4 but stupidly added a trade-in on 11/14 and didn’t realize I needed to accept/decline the offer to “complete” my profile (even though I had already completed my profile on 11/4 before asking for a trade-in offer on 11/14) until late December 2021. My EDD was holding steady for August 2022 until earlier this week when it just slipped back to Jan-Apr 2023. It’s been sitting there since then. I think I’m in line with December orders since that is when I declined the trade in offer.
I’m in GA.

Reactions: DerbyCityY