Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, sadly mine just moved out another week to July 19 - Aug. 23. At least they know I'm still here! Mine had been stagnant for over a month. Maybe I will get lucky as I know that many people really got a big jump after a delay that ordered in December. I can always hope....

Reactions: 808litt
I want to share some of my experiences with others before I move on with my life:
1. My VIN was assigned at 11:00 AM and received a call from the delivery center at 11:15 AM to schedule pickup that same date.
2. My financing was set to cash, and I did not get a chance to shop for better rates with local CUs around since it was a Saturday - the only option was to use Tesla financing.
3. Luckily, I had a downpayment amount in my checking account.
4. Initially, the delivery center would not let me inspect the interior of the car prior to acceptance of the vehicle. I insisted to conduct a full inspection and the delivery rep unlocked the car Don't take "NO" for an answer.
5. The complete inspection took around about an hour while the delivery rep stood around waiting to answer any questions.
6. I found a little scratch mark on the diffuser (below the rear bumper) and they helped me to set up a service appointment since the SC did not have techs working on Saturday. Lesson learned: schedule deliveries for weekdays - they could have taken care of the issue on the spot. Other than that, the car was flawless.
Be prepared and good luck to all!!!

I want to share some of my experiences with others before I move on with my life:
1. My VIN was assigned at 11:00 AM and received a call from the delivery center at 11:15 AM to schedule pickup that same date.
2. My financing was set to cash, and I did not get a chance to shop for better rates with local CUs around since it was a Saturday - the only option was to use Tesla financing.
3. Luckily, I had a downpayment amount in my checking account.
4. Initially, the delivery center would not let me inspect the interior of the car prior to acceptance of the vehicle. I insisted to conduct a full inspection and the delivery rep unlocked the car Don't take "NO" for an answer.
5. The complete inspection took around about an hour while the delivery rep stood around waiting to answer any questions.
6. I found a little scratch mark on the diffuser (below the rear bumper) and they helped me to set up a service appointment since the SC did not have techs working on Saturday. Lesson learned: schedule deliveries for weekdays - they could have taken care of the issue on the spot. Other than that, the car was flawless.
Be prepared and good luck to all!!!
Same date for VIN and pickup? Sound like someone didn’t want the car and you were next in line

Another EDD update today. Bit disappointed with the big delay with the recent EDD.

MYLR | 7 | Black/Black | Induction | No Tow | No FSD

Order Date: 19/12/2021

EDD: July 2022

EDD2: September 2022

EDD3: September 1 - September 29

EDD4: Aug 13 - Oct 8

EDD5: Sept 4 - Oct 16

EDD6: Nov 2022 - Feb 2023

Delivery Location: Ontario, Canada

My delivery date is jan 2023 - March 2023. Its being changed probably about 5 times now. Order date: 12/02/2021. Its a grey model Y long range. No extras. Anyone having a similar experience? and i'm not sure why everyone has better dates than i do. I also live in texas(Austin) and selected full cash payment.

Reactions: Stardew
My order: 19", LR MY AWD, MSM, tow bar, no FSD, 5 seat, black/white interior; Order date was Dec. 10; Delivery location is Loveland, CO

Delivery date history:
Original EDD (12/10/21): Q1 2022 (I think, don't exactly remember)
EDD 1 (~Jan. 2022): May 25 - June 24
EDD 2 (4/18/2022): Sept 8 - Nov 3
EDD 3 (5/1/2022): July 13 - Aug 24
EDD 4 (6/2/2022): July 26 - Aug 30

Looks like it's been updating about once a month for me, but unfortunately I'm going backwards :(

My delivery date is jan 2023 - March 2023. Its being changed probably about 5 times now. Order date: 12/02/2021. Its a grey model Y long range. No extras. Anyone having a similar experience? and i'm not sure why everyone has better dates than i do. I also live in texas(Austin) and selected full cash payment.
I'm in the same boat as you. OD 12/25/21, EDD nov22-Feb23. I'm also in Austin. MYLR MSM, inductions wheels. This wait is excruciating.

Same configuration and timeline. My order date is 11/4/21 and my EDD has been Jan-Apr 2023 for the past 5 weeks. Before that I had a July 31-September 3 EDD. I’m in Atlanta and selected cash payment.

I see lots of blue and white cars being delivered lately so I’m waiting on the next batch of MSM to update my EDD. When I called the local SA, he mentioned it would more likely be an August time frame. Sounds about right since I’m east coast and they’ll likely focus on west coast this last month of the quarter.

Did you complete your profile? I've read some people thought they had completed it, but forgot something like uploading an insurance card and that prevented them from moving forward in the system. If your profile was completed, I would definitely reach out to Tesla and ask them about the reason for the delay.

Just got pushed again this morning. Now showing July 28 - Sept 8. Ugh. We have a baby due in November and I'm genuinely worried we won't have the Tesla in time now.

OD: 12/18/21. MYLR MSM, black 7 seat interior. 20" induction wheels, Yes Tow, No FSD.