Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 31st 2019 TSLA Share Price Office Pool

What will the share price of Tesla be at market close on the final trading day of 2019?

• $0-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $6-250

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • $251-$340

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • $341-$390

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • $391-$430

Votes: 19 13.7%
  • $431-$460

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • $461-$510

Votes: 24 17.3%
  • $511-$580

Votes: 19 13.7%
  • $581-$670

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • $671-$770

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • $771-$900

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • > $900

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing as this is also a thread, I'm going with 694.20.

(I mean, I could actually see it going up there, between European and Chinese deliveries, potential GF1 expansion, pickup unveiling, Model Y unveiling, GF3, Energy expansion... but I had to pick the joke answer.)

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash
I wouldn't be surprised if the stock price gravitates towards $420. I also wouldn't be surprised by $840, or $210, or anything in between.

Of course every year the consensus on this board is that a breakout is imminent, and based on the votes so far this year is no different. But I feel much more confident in my forecast of the SP in 10 years than in 1 year.

In any case: somebody has to guess 420, and it might as well be me.

For Dec.31 2019, I voted the range:
$461-$510

However, I do expect TSLA to reach much higher during the year: ATH around $600 would be my guess, due to a bit of short squeezing. Once the 'good old' shorts are covered, it should drop back down (thanks to some new shorts and profit taking).

My reasoning for voting 511-580:

I think the Q4 ER should take us to ATH and any positives on first EU deliveries, or analyst upgrades after that may even have us test 400 for the first time.

Factors for going above 500 later in the year:
  • Subsequent growing Model 3 deliveries and consistent profit
  • Model Y reveal and preorder number
  • "One more thing" at Model Y event may be a Pick-up prototype
  • GF3 and Semi staying on schedule and starting production in Q4
  • Energy continuing growth and coming on the radar of analysts (remember most estimates value it at zero!)
  • HW3 and early real FSD demos making Tesla's advantage in the field clear
  • Model S/X refresh
  • Trump resigns (sorry, don't mean to get political here, but with the Mueller investigation wrapping up and all his other legal battles I think he will be in serious danger of impeachment and will resign playing the victim. This will make world politics and economy more predictable = markets will stop to swing so wildly)
Macro is always a risk but I would say we should be at 500+ in a year. The fundamentals are there.

• Funny
I voted >900.

Not sure of course, but one of these days I expect a 2013-esc liftoff. Remember 2013 took us from the 30-ies to the 170-ies. TSLA has matured and grown so much. How can that justify the stock price only doubling in 5 years? Time to head to a new level. Maybe 2019 is the year it will happen.

(I had hoped it would happen 2018, but you know how that went.)

Looks like I'm only about 25-30% bullish on TSLA by the standards of this site. "By the standards of this site" being the key term ;)

Also interesting that there seems to be a gap between the "Superbulls" (up to $770) and the "Hyperbulls" ($900+)